FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Profile Location

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Profile Location
    Posted: September 08 2005 at 2:10pm

In a person's profile, I wish that their city location could be listed instead of just their country.  (Of course, this assumes that people would put their correct  information .)  If someone is selling something, I would like to know if they live close to me before I make an offer.  By the time I get a response from a seller that they live in Saint George or right next door to me, it's too late and someone else has bought the item I was hoping for.  

Also, when someone is selling something, it would sure be nice if the seller would put where they were located in their post and note whether they could bring their items to the next meeting or not.  These questions always get asked anyway.

pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 2:18pm
I know a lot of people put their actual location as part of their signature. Like mine!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 6:26pm

Originally posted by pmpt pmpt wrote:

I know a lot of people put their actual location as part of their signature. Like mine!

Good for you.  So, Barbados is your winter home?

Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 6:45pm
Aimie,

This topic has come up several times in the past. The current message board does not offer a variable field into which users can enter a location. They must choose from a pull-down menu. Future releases may have this option.
Until then, I would encourage everyone to add their city to their signature line as pmpt suggests.
fj40fax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fj40fax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 7:15pm

If you see someone without a location in their signature feel free to ask them to put it there.  I have the same complaints about where everybody is and it would really help.

Fax (location below)

Fax 318-3632
90g 2x250W 14kK MH
Sump, Fuge, G3, UV, O3, ACIII
Pleasant Grove, UT Across State Street from the Purple Turtle
Adjustments and Massages for Frags!
rstruhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rstruhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 10:31pm
I agree!  Adding their real name to their signature would be of great help also so you will know who to ask for when you phone them!
Rodney, Sandra, Jeffery, and Laura Struhs
South Jordan, Utah 98th South & 40th West.
(801) 282-2744

75 gallon reef
55 gallon reef
55 gallon FOWLR
20 gallon FOWLR
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 11:40pm

Rodney, I'm going to phone your house.

May I please speak with Squishy.

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
rstruhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rstruhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 12:46am
Been waiting Mark!  I know you have my number.  Are you implying I do not have it in my signature?  You're right!  I forgot to put it there.  However, it will be there soon!
Rodney, Sandra, Jeffery, and Laura Struhs
South Jordan, Utah 98th South & 40th West.
(801) 282-2744

75 gallon reef
55 gallon reef
55 gallon FOWLR
20 gallon FOWLR
RockStarFish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockStarFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 1:22am
How do you change your signiture?
MBX5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBX5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 2:14am
click settings up top then got to edit profile scroll down to signature and
type what you want.

Joe Barnas
Westminster, CO
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 5:38am
I am kinda on the fence about putting my phone number, location, real
name in my signature line. What if some weirdo wants to beat me up for
saying my seahorses are so much cooler than his?
fj40fax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fj40fax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 6:46am

Just put your city since your name is readily visible, last names are not usually required.  When someone has frags or equipment to sell I don't want to make an offer on it if they are up in Logan or somewhere I won't be for a looong time.  Someone closer can buy it and pay for it long before my next trip that far north.

My phone number is my cell number that usually rings in my office so I don't mind posting it here, my office number is all over the web anyway, I found out by googling my own name.

Fax

Edit:  Amie has everything covered, and there is no personal information that could lead any wierdos to her home.

Edited by fj40fax
Fax 318-3632
90g 2x250W 14kK MH
Sump, Fuge, G3, UV, O3, ACIII
Pleasant Grove, UT Across State Street from the Purple Turtle
Adjustments and Massages for Frags!
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 7:41am
Suzy, we know your SeaHorses are the Coolest. Besides I think that all of the local members are OK (some maybe wierd). Ive found that as Ive met club members they know Im from Davis County.  It helps me to have an idea where someone is, even if its only a city. Expecially if they are in Logan or Saint George.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Amie Amie wrote:

So, Barbados is your winter home?

Man do I wish, maybe someday......
gshipley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshipley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 3:24pm
How about we create a sticky at the top of the for sale section to PLEASE POST location information.
Payson UT
55 Reef Est Aug 2003
120g Reef Est June 2005
uh60chief View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uh60chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 4:38pm

Originally posted by Suzy Suzy wrote:

I am kinda on the fence about putting my phone number, location, real
name in my signature line. What if some weirdo wants to beat me up for
saying my seahorses are so much cooler than his?

Just use your real name but someone else's address that way you don't have to worry about getting beat up until they look you up in the phone book.  So that way if their lazy like me you won't have to worry

Jason&Andrea Townsend
Bluffdale Utah
Tired of looking at my empty 125 :(
FisherGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FisherGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 6:06pm
Along with location what about availability...isn't it time fish keepers start hookin' up
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 6:12pm

Sandra-
I don't think you need to worry.  If this hobby is short on anything it would be young single women.  So if you happen to be one you are in demand.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 6:34pm
Back off, fishgirlie! Amie and I already got first dibs on these hotties!
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 6:39pm
What a nightmare that would be! A man and his girlfriend into reefs. You really wouldn't have any money!
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic