Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LED Light emergency

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
paul.brandon83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul.brandon83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LED Light emergency
    Posted: September 13 2016 at 10:38am
So my lights fell in my tank and fried (long story, livestock is ok). I took this opportunity to get new LED's but until they get here, is it ok to run the tank with Daylight CFL bulbs from my fuge so it won't be dark?
150 Gallon Reef
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2016 at 11:13am
A few days of no light is not a problem. If it takes more than about 3 day sfor you to get your new light then any light is better than no light. You may see changes in colors and maybe even some algae that wasn't there before from other types of lights but it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Just keep in mind that if you use the fuge light on the tank then nothing is lighting the fuge and your macro won't be doing it's job (and could actually start dying) from lack of light down there.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2016 at 2:17am
Agree with krazie
p_hefe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p_hefe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2016 at 5:07am
I've got an extra led you can borrow if needed to get you by.   I'm just in west Jordan.   Pm if you'd like.
You don't quit playing because you grow old. You grow old because you quit playing.
37g, 60g, 75g, 120g all reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic