FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pregnant clownfish?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pregnant clownfish?
    Posted: September 13 2005 at 11:17pm
I have a clownfish( i think it is female) and she is breathing really heavily. She keeps burrowing herself in the anemone. The other clownfish seems to be fine, THe female one has little white specs on the top of her head, like tags of clear white skin. I was not sure if she was pregnant or if she was sick. She is the only one that is breathing heavily. Please help! Thanks
Bob Kripfgans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Kripfgans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 8:06am
Do you have a picture. Clownfish act strange at times. Females usually take over hosting the anenome. White spots could be (ich) but it usually is found all over not usually isolated to the head.  As far as being pregnant hosting an anenome or breathing heavily I would rule this out.  
WMAS is da place!
Save the Banggai's!
Tooele,Ut.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 11:46am
Sad,but true I thought my clownfish was getting better, she was breathing less heavily and the spots weren't that bad looking. She died a few days later.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2005 at 1:05am

Clownfish don't get pregnant, but they don't do well if the aquarium isn't in good shape.

Maybe we can help so you don't lose another clownfish. How long has this aquarium been set up and what does it have for filtration?

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic