Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

60 Gallon Cube Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kmtfishchannel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmtfishchannel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 60 Gallon Cube Update
    Posted: February 03 2017 at 4:59pm
Hey just wanted to share an update on my 60 Gallon Cube that I have at my work.
It's been running for about 3-4 months.
I have 2 Black Ocellaris Clown Fish, One Purple Dottyback, and a 6 line Wrass.
I also have a duncan,  Sun Coral, Zoanthids, candycane coral, RBTA (hidden in the back of the tank. So sad that's where it likes ot be), Some mushrooms, a hammer coral and a few other things not sure what they are called. LOL    Everything is running good. I had an issue with Red Slime but got that fixed. Had to up my flow and water changes. Love any questions or comments you may have about the tank!   Photos below!

Edited by kmtfishchannel - February 03 2017 at 5:01pm
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 5:10pm
Looks good! That second pic makes me think of the Flintstones. :)
60g LPS Cube
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2017 at 10:42pm
Nice! I like the open space
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2017 at 10:44pm
Just a suggestion, but the dottyback and wrasse like to munch on pods. With such a small amount of rock (as it looks but could be because of how the picture was taken) you may not have a whole lot in there. If you add some in, they would be delighted (as much as a fish could be lol) to have them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmtfishchannel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2017 at 11:54am
I'm working on a fuge right now to go in the sump to help with my pod population Smile
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2017 at 12:27pm
Those duncans look happy happy happy! What lights are you running? Can we see a full tank shot?

I hear you on the nem in the back! We got this fancy sunburst nem that is absolutely stunning. Where does it go? In the back where you can't see it...At least it's happy.

Edited by Hogie - February 16 2017 at 12:27pm
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2017 at 5:52pm
I have a bit of a comment. Do I remember correctly this is the tank where the Six-line Wrasse was not playing nice? If so, I can tell you why. The tank is new and is not growing enough food for two major carnivores, the Wrasse and the Dottyback. I would highly recommend you come get a bunch of the free lively LR and Macroalgae from me to help this tank do better and help the fish be more comfortable, relaxed and well fed. Call/text 808-345-1049. I'm available almost any time, day or night.

Aloha,
Mark  Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2017 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

"Be more comfortable, relaxed and well fed. Call/text XXX-345-1049. I'm available almost any time, day or night."

Aloha,
Mark  Hug
Intresting... I may have to use this for my signature line. LOL
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2017 at 8:07pm
Tank is looking good!!

Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmtfishchannel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2017 at 8:59pm
Yeah ill get some more photos for you guys. Also im running a 6 bulb t5. And the Duncans are multiplying like Crazy!

And Mark thanks so much for the offer. The only thing is the tank doesn't have much more room for any rock its only 2ft x 2 ft and any room left would cover all the sand and there's not to much more to cover haha. I jist got the fuge all set up tonight ill be adding more bugs to help. Thanks though ill keep that in mind. (I need a bigger tank is was i need hahaha)

Also the Wrass has calmed down quite a bit still goes after the dottyback every now and again but they both look healthy and eat well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmtfishchannel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2017 at 9:02pm
I'll talk it over with my brother in law (its our work tank) and maybe we can fit some small live rock some place with some minor adjusting.
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2017 at 9:41am
Reef Cleaners has a "pod seed bag" that is about $10 I believe. I bought one for a old tank and it definitely gave a good diversity to a young tank.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic