Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Student Tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LanceMGraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LanceMGraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Student Tank
    Posted: February 09 2017 at 1:27pm
Thanks for the help but I was able to get the items donated. 

Edited by LanceMGraham - February 11 2017 at 8:15am
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2017 at 4:04pm
I have some frozen foods I would be happy to donate
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LanceMGraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2017 at 11:10am
That's great, what type of food?
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2017 at 12:13pm
Frozen cube trays of mysis and brine
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LanceMGraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2017 at 12:45pm
Perfect. we aren't looking to put fish in the tank for a coupe of weeks but I could get the food from you asap if needed though later would be great for me.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2017 at 1:51pm
I looked up savingnemo.org and find it very curious. Clownfish breeding and rearing is a difficult and time consuming endeavor. There are individuals and companies already doing it on a large scale. SustainableAquatics.com is one example. 

In the last few years, one local breeder flooded the market with designer clownfishes which had the negative effect of depressing the market locally. As the first hobbyist in Utah to breed clownfish, in 1999, I would suggest that a school clownfish breeding project is going to be an awful lot of trouble and success will be unlikely without some special help. Over the years I have seen ordinary marine aquariums at schools come and go. This is not going to be ordinary marine aquarium.

I wish you all the best. I may be able to provide assistance, that is if you'd like assistance from a local old-timer that will offer frank, honest, money saving advice. I have developed successful methods for making reef aquariums work simply, efficiently and at low cost. 
Text sent.Smile

Aloha,
Mark  Hug
808-345-1049

Edited by Mark Peterson - February 10 2017 at 2:00pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2017 at 2:55am
Sounds like a great program. Most of the clowns sold locally and in the US are tank bread. They are commercially available on a large scale and are not being over collected in the wild. Information on The regal tang is incorrect, they are not 100% ocean caught. They have been tank bread, raised, and sold here in the US. There are also tank raised currently available on the market. Good luck with your program. Let me know if I can help.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LanceMGraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2017 at 8:11am
I want to say I appreciate the comments, suggestions, and help. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic