Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great minds please come together

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 6:46am
Any chance your wife would consider allowing you to have the top shelf/drawer just under the tank? Then you could put all of those power supplies and the dosing stuff inside the cabinet and just have a single hole in the end of the island (near the power outlets) where any cords or tubing could be fed to the tank. This would not only help you with dosing but it would make the wife happier by helping hide those cords even more than they already are and not be in the way of someone using the bar stool.

Do you have a picture of the front side of the cabinet so that I can see if it's drawers or cupboard and maybe help with a layout on how you could put things in there and how to make the drawers still functional?
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
chuckfu5 View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 7:14am
I'll get a pic of it this morning. It's drawers on that side.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 7:33am
Maybe she will give you the space where the bottom drawer goes (no one uses that drawer except for junk anyway) and you could remove the front from it so that you had the entire space where the drawer was but from the front it still looks like it is there?
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
chuckfu5 View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 7:39am
Hmmm.... that's a really great idea actually.

I think this may be the way I decide to go.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 7:46am
You could even tap into the power that is already there and keep the plugs inside the cabinet.
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 10:08am
Thinking about the drawer idea ...

What if you built a small platform on which you set the tank.   Use a drawer within the platform to store the equipment and hide any gadgets.  The drawback is size, but depending on what you store under the tank, you could keep it small.   It may detract from the overall look you're going for, but I think it might keep the clutter from accumulating under the counter top.
Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 12:52pm
I like the idea of the platform. Sounds like a good solution to me.

Your level of care and effort can (generally) be reflected in how your tank looks.   

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by chuckfu5 chuckfu5 wrote:

Guess what the nitrate pad....never used it. I tried it and did nothing. I had it in my tank for a couple of weeks Nd saw no change. I said that to try to make ammends.
"Never used it" OR "had it in my tank for a couple weeks" Which is it?  What color did it change to? And by the way, it's not a "nitrate pad", it's a pad of de-ionizing resin. It removes a build up of various things including heavy metals, medications and other harmful compounds from the water, rock and substrate. Sometimes a couple weeks is all it takes.

So I accepted your invitation to drive from Murray to Ogden, brought some coral and other live stuff for your tank, spent an hour talking fish, left your house without asking for or hearing any offer of compensation from you for my gas or the coral. Now you say that you lied to me in an attempt to "make amends". What kind of a person are you?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 5:06pm
Mark I'm going to invite you to either stick to the topic of the original thread or move on. There is no need to continue this banter please.
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
chuckfu5 View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 7:30pm

Edited by chuckfu5 - September 26 2017 at 9:13pm
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2017 at 11:10pm
The drawer idea is pretty cool. Just be sure that if there is a leak or spillage that it cant get into the drawer and on any wiring.. Not hard to do though. A lot of tanks have a fancy thing to sit on!
chuckfu5 View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2017 at 5:48am
I think I'm done with Utah Reefs for awhile.

Thanks for the ideas.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic