Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Antibiotics in display

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jungleboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jungleboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Antibiotics in display
    Posted: October 04 2017 at 1:25pm
ok before everyone freaks out at me let me explain.

I have been struggling with Brown Jelly Disease BJD for a couple months now and I can't seem to get rid of it. I dip all of my sps and lps in iodine, but they still seem to get sick. 

the only other solution that I can think of would be to use antibiotics in my display tank to get rid of the microbe from the entire system. I understand that I would have a serious recycle in my tank and I would have to reintroduce BB and do lots of water changes. I have a refugium that could help with the recycle not being so huge. I  am just sick of throwing away my favorite corals. 

I was looking for opinions and suggestions on getting rid of this problem. Also what antibiotic I could use that is safe for my livestock. 

This is a list of my livestock:

Clownfish
Yasha Goby
Pistol Shrimp
astrea snails
nassarius snails

sps
birdsest frag

Lps
Hammer Coral
Torch Coral
blasto

Other coral
Hairy Mushroom
zoas
ricordea
GSP

phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2017 at 4:01am
That's kind of difficult to say... I'm not aware of a single effective antibiotic that doesn't kill at least one thing on that list or the micro life in your tank... 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic