Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the best way to kill unwanted Palys?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
larseb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larseb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the best way to kill unwanted Palys?
    Posted: December 11 2017 at 4:31pm
I have some mint colored palys that are on the same rock as some zoanthids and I am scared that they will choke out my zoanthids.  If I was to super glue some of the polyps shut would this kill them? Would there be any negative effects to doing this. I would just scrub them off, but I am kinda nervous about paly-toxins.
Zack801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zack801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2017 at 5:25pm
Can you break off the part of the rock they're attached too? I had some like this that I thought I had removed all but they ended up coming back so I just let them be
larseb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larseb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2017 at 5:57pm
The are really close to other corals so that seems like it might be a lot of work.

Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2017 at 3:24pm
I've used aptaisa X on paly's before to kill them. It's worked pretty good.
larseb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larseb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2017 at 4:45pm
Cool! Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic