Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small Tank purified water

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leatherneck1833 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leatherneck1833 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small Tank purified water
    Posted: February 12 2018 at 3:53pm
Hey all,

I want to put better water into my tank but I am hesitant to spend $100 plus on a RO/DI system. How necessary is one to maintain a tank in Utah? Are there cheap recommendations that anyone can make?
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2018 at 3:55pm
Distilled water works, the RO/Filtered water that you can buy at some grocery stores is also better than straight from the tap. You will probably find that after a few hundred trips for water at the store that you could have bought an RO unit for the house and saved some time.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
redleader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redleader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2018 at 4:51pm
Also a thought - is that alot of the local fish stores have RO water at little to no cost.

some also have pre mixed salt water that you can purchase from them, also at a pretty low cost.

Everything in life is possible. You just have to dream big, and act bigger.

150 G Reef
leatherneck1833 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leatherneck1833 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2018 at 6:18pm
Awesome thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic