Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noisy fans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noisy fans
    Posted: September 13 2019 at 5:36pm
I have the Current SunPod 250W halide light on my system.  I have used it for a long time, but the fans have been noisy for quite sometime.  I know that I can replace the hood fan easily enough.  Has anyone ever replaced a ballast fan?Is that safe or would it be better to replace the ballast?

Edited by WhiteReef - September 13 2019 at 5:52pm
----------------

Richard

Former 47G Column Reef, Magna
20" x 18" x 31"H
Lyscer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyscer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2019 at 12:56pm
I replaced the fans in my old MH ballasts. Biggest thing is to make sure that the ballast doesn't have any electricity stored up in it after you unplug it. Once there isn't a charge I'll usually open it up and see what you're dealing with as far as how to re-connect a replacement fan to the board, and what fan you should use to replace it with. For me personally, I'd rather replace a fan than the ballast, especially if the ballast is still working just because fans are so much cheaper.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic