Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brown slime

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brown slime
    Posted: August 09 2003 at 9:59pm
I have some brown algea growing on my woods polyps and green star polyps that seems to be effecting the health of the corals. I took out the rock with the GSP and cleaned the brown algea off and the poylps improved within a few days. The algea is starting to make a come back. Any ideas?
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

bullitt4932 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullitt4932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2003 at 11:24am
my polyps and leather get it, it usually happens before it is time for them to shed. it seems to almost be a monthly cycle, affects them for a week then the corals shed and they are back to normal. Kinda reminds me of women haha.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2003 at 11:43am
This almost seems like a diseas rather then a monthly cycle.
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2003 at 12:39pm
I wonder if adding some phytoplanton would help. We had a pretty significant case of cyano and gooey algae. After I added a bottle of green, it was gone the next day.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2003 at 10:05pm
That may be worth a try. I am going to try and remove as much as I can myself.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic