Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Acro with a white area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acro with a white area
    Posted: December 10 2005 at 11:28am

I have had this acro in my tank for awhile.  There is a purple plating monti that started to shadow it, so I fragged the monti to help give it more light.  All of my other corals have been doing well, but after I gave it more light it developed a white area as you can see.  There are still polyps/coralites that are still there and it has not spread.  My question is what might have caused this .. sudden light change .. or not thriving well in my tank? Also what type of acro it might be.

----------------

Richard

Former 47G Column Reef, Magna
20" x 18" x 31"H
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 2:59pm
almost looks like it got stung there. The white isnt spreading is it?
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 3:37pm

I don't know what it is; but it is a very nice piece of acro.  Let me know if you wanna sell or trade a frag of the colony.

If you can't bedazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs!
Dinhkim Le - Procrastinator extra-ordinare
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 12:19am
It is possible that it was stung by the sebae anenome next to it.  Other than the anenome there is nothing that would have stung it.  Also it has not spread, but appears to be recovering slowly/slightly. The only thing that changed was the lighting when I fragged the monti that was shaddowing it.  Also the picture is from the top looking down.  It grows right now in a table/plating horizontal direction.  It is a purple/pink with green color, and thank for the comment on it looking nice.  When it gets the size where I might consider fragging I'll keep you in mind.
----------------

Richard

Former 47G Column Reef, Magna
20" x 18" x 31"H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic