Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LF: Aiptasia predators

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
skijumpersc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skijumpersc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LF: Aiptasia predators
    Posted: October 28 2019 at 3:29pm
Anyone have any peppermint shrimp or file fish that have wiped out your own Aiptasia problem and are ready to be rehomed or rented out?
Jeffatpm View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffatpm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 4:16pm
I have a peppermint shrimp I need to take out of my tank soon.
210 Reef with loads of LEDS
Large Fishey Room
Located Near Jordan Landing in West Jordan.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skijumpersc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 4:29pm
has he eaten Aiptasia for you? I have one peppermint so far and he hasn’t done squat
Jeffatpm View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffatpm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 4:42pm
yeah I got a handful from rustrys reefs and they did great.  I may have more than one, I’ve just only seen one at a time and haven’t tried to trap them yet.
210 Reef with loads of LEDS
Large Fishey Room
Located Near Jordan Landing in West Jordan.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skijumpersc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2019 at 6:16pm
sweet, have they eaten any of your corals? If you can catch them I’ll take at least one. How much?
kevski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2019 at 7:13am
due to a Timorensis wrasse in my tank I lose every peppermint shrimp I put in my tank within days. I've had a bunch of aptasia and finally tried Aptasia X. The stuff works awesome! Killed every aptasia I’ve treated the first time. The down side is you have to perform seek and destroy missions requiring some awkward positions to reach some of them. But I have eliminated all the aptasia in my tank!! I guess that makes ME an aptasia predator! Wink

Edited by kevski - October 30 2019 at 3:49pm
100 G Mixed Reef / AI Hydra 52 HD-T5 Hybrid
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic