Print Page | Close Window

What to treat with?

Printed From: Utah Reefs
Category: Help
Forum Name: EMERGENCY FORUM
Forum Description: If you have an Emergency post here and you should receive a quick reply.
URL: http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42768
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 7:09pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What to treat with?
Posted By: bstuver
Subject: What to treat with?
Date Posted: August 11 2010 at 6:01pm
So when I got my lights the other day I had to buy all his livestock as well. So I ended up with another pair of clowns, these are true percs and my other orange one is a false and the other a black and white. Anyway the male(smaller of the two) true percs that I just got must be getting picked on as it is now missing one of its bottom fins and looks like it has a hole or something eating away right above where the fin was.
I plan to catch it and put it in a bucket to treat but what do I need to treat with? I have some pics I will try to get on here soon.
Anyway I may have a pair of true percs for sale here soonConfused

-------------
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Replies:
Posted By: bugzme
Date Posted: August 11 2010 at 6:05pm
If you can catch my tomatoe clown I would for sure take that pair. Just guessing but antibiotics?

-------------
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!

Date Posted: August 11 2010 at 6:08pm
The male that has the injury is a misbar?? It has a really cool looking bar and I love it but I don't know if they will get along any better in a bigger tank so I may have to get rid of them:(

-------------
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Date Posted: August 11 2010 at 6:23pm

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Posted By: P.Kapp
Date Posted: August 11 2010 at 6:34pm
definately separate them. my pair tried to kill my perc that i had in the tank before them. had to get rid of him, and kept the pair. ive used melafix and pimafix in the past with pretty good results

-------------
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef

Posted By: bugzme
Date Posted: August 11 2010 at 6:57pm
Doesn't the club have a fish trap? I would really be interested in the perc's if my tomatoe clown was gone

-------------
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!

Date Posted: August 11 2010 at 7:00pm
I have a large bottle container like thing that is clear that may work as a trap. I am pretty good at catching fish so I would be more than willing to try when I come get those corals. I now have him pulled and in a bucket with an airstone and melafix.

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Date Posted: August 11 2010 at 7:05pm
How long should I leave him in the bucket with the melafix? I don't have a spare tank to put him in but I will put him in a little plastic box thing I have when he goes back in the tank so he can't be picked on.

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Posted By: P.Kapp
Date Posted: August 11 2010 at 7:20pm
When i used it, i would just put it directly into my tank and dose for a week or more. Make sure you arent running carbon with it though

-------------
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef

Date Posted: August 11 2010 at 7:26pm
I would rather not dose the whole tankConfused I will keep him in there for an hour or so and then put him in the plastic container when he goes back in the tank.

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Posted By: Luckedout
Date Posted: August 11 2010 at 10:11pm
That's a pretty bad wound. Hope he makes it.

-------------
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Posted By: sanddune600
Date Posted: August 11 2010 at 11:53pm
turn out the lights and shine a light in the tank clown can often time be drawn into the light have a net ready

-------------
Andy Jorgensen
My number is four three 5 7 six four 8 0 three four

Date Posted: August 12 2010 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Luckedout Luckedout wrote:

That's a pretty bad wound. Hope he makes it.

It actually looks a lot better tonight after just one treatment of melafix and being put in the box thing in the tank so no one can attack him.

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net