Forum Description: All threads for 2014 and earlier POTM Entries and voting
URL: http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46959
Printed Date: April 24 2024 at 7:00am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: My 75g is finally coralized:)
Posted By: bstuver
Subject: My 75g is finally coralized:)
Date Posted: February 19 2011 at 11:21pm
So I have been setting up my 75g for about the past month or so. I of course used all live stuff but had to wait for my t5 light to arrive and it got stuck in Texas with their storm. So about 3-4 days ago I finally was able to put all my coral in the 75g. I don't know how I fit it all in my RSM
Anyway we set it up as a peninsula tank so we can view from three sides. I love it and it is in my living room so I find myself watching it when I am trying to watch a show LOL

Anyway here are a few tank shots, I will get some better ones soon and maybe a pic of the room so you can see what it looks like:)

I will get a list together of what is in there soon as well. I went with a 4 bulb t5 and am waiting for my ATI bulbs to arrive.

Forgot to post my new favorite fish, this is Seven for obvious reasons LOL

-------------
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Replies:
Posted By: tileman
Date Posted: February 19 2011 at 11:22pm
Very nice.Thumbs Up

-------------
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&

Date Posted: February 19 2011 at 11:38pm
Pics have some flurries in them, my powerhead was doing too good of a job:) Hopefully I finally got it where it won't do it anymore!

-------------
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Posted By: ksmart
Date Posted: February 20 2011 at 12:16am

Looking great!

-------------

Posted By: ptronsp
Date Posted: February 20 2011 at 12:31am
Turned out great Jackie!
 Pam

Posted By: SGH360
Date Posted: February 20 2011 at 12:39am
that pagoda coral is huge!. Coralized that's a great word to useLOL

Posted By: kellerexpress
Date Posted: February 20 2011 at 1:40am
that turned out sweet, I'm digging the 2 island scape good job. That clownfish is awesome. What light did you end up going with?

-------------
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2

Posted By: Aquaristnewbie
Date Posted: February 20 2011 at 1:42am
Looking awesome.  That is an awesome start!Clap

-------------
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

Posted By: jwoo
Date Posted: February 20 2011 at 10:07am
Wow that is looking good!

-------------
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront

Posted By: boysty
Date Posted: February 20 2011 at 10:11am
Very nice Jackie and the Welso is looking awesome! is that Pagoda Cup from Carlos?

-------------
Time waits on no one

Posted By: Adam Blundell
Date Posted: February 20 2011 at 11:24am
Fantabulous

Adam

-------------
Come to a meeting, they�re fun!

Posted By: ewaldsreef
Date Posted: February 20 2011 at 12:47pm
Very nice! Beautiful aquarium and nice aquascape.

-------------
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Date Posted: February 20 2011 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by boysty boysty wrote:

Very nice Jackie and the Welso is looking awesome! is that Pagoda Cup from Carlos?

No I got it from Dan Evans. And yes the welso is gigantic and doing very well.

Thank you everyone! I am loving it!

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Posted By: phinfan
Date Posted: February 21 2011 at 4:37pm
very nice. 

Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 12:21am
Well I thought I would post some updated pics I took tonight:

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 1:26am
Looks great Jackie!
 Pam

Posted By: phys
Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 5:23am
nice!

Posted By: DLindquist
Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 8:33am

Nice set up. You've got some show pieces in there. I love the "clean" look- still very healthy, but you obviously take the time for maintenance.

-------------
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Posted By: Jeremyw
Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 10:17am
Looks Great! Man that is a really pretty Yellow tang he looks dang healthy,.... wonder where you got him ;)

-------------
Next meeting:

Posted By: jwoo
Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 10:20am
I have to say Jackie with all the tanks that you've setup over the past two years this is really turning out to be your best by far. I am in love with everything in this tank. The rockwork, the fish, the corals, the peninsula style. Did I mention the rockwork and peninsula style? Because I REALLY like those. : )

-------------
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront

Posted By: Turbostud653
Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 12:16pm
Good looking tank.  I love your yellow tank one of my favorite fish!

-------------
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.

Posted By: bur01014
Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 12:34pm
Looks great, nice color!  I get confused with all the tanks you have going/changes you make....is this the setup where you added ATI bulbs recently?  Or is this a MH setup?

I am thinking this is a t5 only tank if I remember correctly....I am interested in what your final bulb combo/order is for this setup....or correct me and let me know what MH setup you are running on this tank?

Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by bur01014 bur01014 wrote:

Looks great, nice color!  I get confused with all the tanks you have going/changes you make....is this the setup where you added ATI bulbs recently?  Or is this a MH setup?

I am thinking this is a t5 only tank if I remember correctly....I am interested in what your final bulb combo/order is for this setup....or correct me and let me know what MH setup you are running on this tank?

I know I change things a lot I didn't like just the t5 I missed the shimmer from halides so this is running a 400w halide and 2 54w t5 with ATI bulbs to give me the blue I wanted.
I am only running two tanks right now, this one and my 34g RSM seahorse tank.

Everyone else thanks so much, I am loving this tank! I have it in a room I can watch it all the time and I have selected some of my favorite corals and fish to fill it:)

Jeremy yes that yellow tang is a healthy fish, he is a pig!!! He has also made it so my rabbitfish doesn't hide all the time they are the best of friends and hang out together all day.

Here is my fish list:

Yellow tang
scribbled rabbitfish
midas blenny
blue star female leopard wrasse
potters leopard wrasse
blue side fairy wrasse
melalunarus wrasse
I lost all my clowns to the ich outbreak I had:( So I would like to get two to replace them just waiting until the ich is gone for the most part.
It also had 4 chromis I finally caught two of them and am working on catching the other two to remove:)

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 3:53pm
So your rabbit fish and the others made it? That is awesome! I was worried you would lose it all? How many in total did you lose?
 Pam

Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 4:02pm
I lost my 3 clowns, my mandarin, my royal gramma and the powder blue tang.

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Posted By: phinfan
Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 7:15pm
Very nice Jackie.  After looking at your new setup, and imagining what you could have done with the tank I have in my living room, I hope I can do it justice.  Your pictures look great.  Maybe we can hook up again and discuss camera things.  I am clueless, but I have a good camera.

Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 7:19pm
definately! I was so sad to have to let that tank go it is the size I wanted for a long time, but I am sure it will look amazing!

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Posted By: CapnMorgan
Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 7:31pm
That looks great Jackie! It really turned out well. Thanks again for the sweet urchin, it's already made itself at home.

-------------
Steve
http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40637&PID=356246" rel="nofollow - My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8

Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by CapnMorgan CapnMorgan wrote:

That looks great Jackie! It really turned out well. Thanks again for the sweet urchin, it's already made itself at home.

Glad to hear. It was a tough decision to get rid of it because I think it is so cool:)

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Posted By: boysty
Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 10:38pm
Im really glad that the rabbit fish made it.   I love that fish!

-------------
Time waits on no one

Posted By: Chad
Date Posted: April 04 2011 at 10:53pm
Looking good man! I need to come see it in person some time soon!

-------------
What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!

Date Posted: April 18 2011 at 10:54pm
So as many of you know I have moved my seahorses into this tank and sold off the larger non compatible tankmates. I will get some updated pics of the whole tank soon and the horses in there they are loving the extra space! I turn the pumps off when feeding and feed the other fish at the opposite end so there is no competition, however my female horse goes and eats with all the other fish lol.

Anyway here are a couple pics of some new corals I have gotten:)

I also picked up three of these yellow line chromis the other day they are very cool:

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Posted By: Jeremyw
Date Posted: April 18 2011 at 10:55pm
Those chromis are cool where did you get them?

-------------
Next meeting:

Date Posted: April 18 2011 at 11:05pm
Living Safari 2 in Sandy they only had the three of them, they were $5.99 each. They cruise with my two regular green chromis almost all day. They are pretty cool IMO.

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Date Posted: April 26 2011 at 10:05pm
K here are some tank shots, the horses have been in there a few weeks now and they are doing great! I got rid of the last two wrasses I had so now my tank list is:
Male and female h. erectus seahorses
4 green chromis
3 yellow line chromis
purple firefish
red firefish
2 zebra barred gobies
bi-color blenny

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Date Posted: April 26 2011 at 10:50pm
Jackie,
 It looks GREAT!

Date Posted: April 26 2011 at 10:55pm
Thank you :)

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Posted By: BnK
Date Posted: April 26 2011 at 11:24pm
yup jackie looks way good

-------------
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]

Posted By: saltlaketank
Date Posted: April 27 2011 at 12:30am
wow, your tank looks great. so blue. very nice photos and the mis marked clown is sweet.

-------------
JayDee 8016042780
90 Gallon
30 Gallon sump
G3 Skimmer

Posted By: sukie
Date Posted: April 27 2011 at 9:48am
Looks great!!!  

-------------
http://sukie.mt-wudan.com/ - My Blog

Posted By: Rex
Date Posted: April 29 2011 at 8:25pm
Looks awesome!!!!! I want Seven...way cool looking.

-------------
http://zip-zero.com/wmas/imageUpload.php

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net