Print Page | Close Window

sps is turning white

Printed From: Utah Reefs
Category: Help
Forum Name: General Help
Forum Description: The place to ask about pest, problems, hitchhikers, etc.
URL: http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48415
Printed Date: April 28 2024 at 1:40am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: sps is turning white
Posted By: BnK
Subject: sps is turning white
Date Posted: April 21 2011 at 10:29pm
at the base it is white just noticed it. should I frag it all or what?

-------------
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]

Replies:
Posted By: dc
Date Posted: April 21 2011 at 10:43pm
i would frag it and leave about 1/4" living tissue(if you can) to try to stop it. on the dieing part i mean.

Posted By: wickedsnowman
Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 12:42am
Man that would be a pain to frag all those branches. I would watch it close and if its spreading frag it up. I have lost a few frags that I waited to long to cut up. I have also seen corals bleach in spots and grow back over it. So who knows.... Whats your tank params? maybe something is off

Posted By: bur01014
Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 1:10am
is this the same tank that had the other corals RTNing?

What is your parameters...if they are all good, get new test kits....something is up with your tank....

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 1:12am
iron-0
nitrite-0
kh-160 mg/l
ph-8.3
phosphate-0.25 mg/l
cal-440
nitrate-20
ammonia-0
temp 87
salinity 1.026

my nitrate has been like that now for a week and ive done three water changes.

-------------
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 1:15am
its my nitrates it seems that is the only thing off still

-------------

Posted By: bstuver
Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 1:17am
Nitrates at 20 aren't high. Your tank temperature is pretty high IMO

-------------
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 1:18am
Do you have a mag test kit?

-------------
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 1:20am
oops ment 78 lol sorry. no, no mag test
think i will take it to aquatic dreams tomorrow and have them retest everything

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 1:35am
Yea that's a better temp;) I would get your mag tested.

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Posted By: Mark Peterson
Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 8:48am
I don't know if this will help, but here goes. Disapprove

There is more to it than just those parameters. There are things we cannot test for. There are things that have to grow and develop so that other things can grow and develop. What are these things? I only know a few of them. Sponge is one and worms are another. That does not mean that sponge and worms just need to be thrown into the tank and that's it. It takes a long time for a certain balance of animal and algal populations to grow to make the tank stable enough to keep the more sensitive coral like SPS.

I don't know how else to describe it other than it's takes a long time to make it all work, especially for someone that has never done it before. I can't describe it but after years of doing it, I know one thing. It takes time. And going too fast, trying to buy and add all the stuff that older tanks have, means that a hobbyist is going to have things die. Sure, things die on me too, if I move faster than I should.

Sometimes I make mistakes and sometimes I add things too fast. I've learned this from my own experience and from seeing other hobbyists do exactly the same thing. It took billions of years for this earth to get to the point where everything worked right. It takes some time for an aquarium to be able to support all the coral we would like to place in it.

I'm sorry, maybe you don't want to hear this, but it's true nonetheless. If you want to stop this coral death, my advice is to slow down. Stop buying stuff. Let what you have settle in. It might save some of the SPS to take them to a tank that is a lot older, or it may be too late. They may already be too far gone. I'd be happy to take those SPS and babysit them until the tank has a little more time to mature. Or find another babysitter that knows how to keep SPS, I don't care. Just please stop killing all these animals.

-------------
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 8:59am
And I've gotta say that putting your hand on that SPS colony caused even more damage. I'm sorry to be the one to point this out to you, but there is a lot about coral care that needs to be learned.
That coral was or is stressed and may be or was starving for food, oxygen and waste removal. That's why it turned white at the base. Unfortunately, a younger tank does not provide the food that SPS need and adding supplemental invert food is only partly helpful.

I could go further but I think I've said more than enough. Smile I do want you to know that I'm not mad at you and hope you'll not be mad at me. I'm just hoping you get the message that learning needs to come before doing.

-------------

Posted By: jaschall
Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 10:03am
I'm with Mark on this one, slow it down a bit.

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 10:40am
I should be working but in an effort to help I'll add this.
Proper water flow is what provides food, oxygen and waste removal. SPS are so sensitive that sometimes the lack of flow during transport is all it takes to stress them to the point of death. In that case this same thing can happen to anyone, but in this particular case, with a younger tank and the negatives that come with a younger tank, the coral is placed into a no-win situation. Sorry.

I hope Snowsrfer can stop by and help. Smile

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 1:11pm
^^^agree slow it way down.....stick with one or two small starter SPS and see if they can thrive over the next 4-5 months.....then start with more advanced corals and larger colonies....

I have to continue to agree with Mark on all aspects.....it seems fish wise, coral wise, and tank wise you have a lot of posts about problems you are running into....slow it down, or you will continue to have such problems...

Posted By: Kristine Woolsey
Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 1:34pm
This is going to be my last post in this forum. Like I said in one of my other posts, Marks way isn't right for everyone. What works for him may not work for us. I'm so tired of posting something on here and having Mark belittle me and my husband on posts. What I love about UMAS is that people private message instead of making you feel like a dumb ass on boards. I have seen that done by Mark in so many posts. He is going to scare away any new hobbyist that come here. That's my last two cents.

-------------
Kristine | Layton, UT | e-mail: [email protected]

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 1:36pm
My 4 cents....he saved me from a lot of troubles....no need to have these precious animals we keep die if it is preventable.....continue what you do Mark...

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 1:41pm
snowsrfr came by and I am real thankful.
with that said. it is funny how many personalities are on this board and opinions.I get told on here by like 4 guys usually the same 4 that it is a new tank slow down. But then I get ones that I talk to at meetings,pm,that visit that everything looks,sounds,is good. When i got this tank from kody it was well established and like I said the move was fast and went well. used his rock,sand,and water. Things happen in the hobby sad to say fish and coral die some times with reason sometimes without. More people say my tank is established than ones that say aint. they just dont post because of certain peoples comments and get tired of hearing them. I wont name names and put them on blast like they like to do to others.There is a difference in bein helpful and pushing people away. Just like the private message I got a while back sayin he is angry or something I ignored it pretty much. But sad how many people I talk too are pushed away form this forum because of this.Kind of like a comment made with someone finding answers to a question on another forum and bein told well other forums are wrong or filled with noobs. Now dont get me wrong there are alot of good people and smart guys on this forum but come on get off you high horse. Well anyway thanx everyone even for the critisism. I have learned alot and got a long way to go. Oh and as for the sps we are thinking it was put to high up and I should of put it down lower.

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 1:47pm
bur01014 I did start with some sps I got for free they are doin good. I got these small colonies on a kind of payback deal. I am moving coral around today since some of my placement is off a lil on some pieces.

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 1:57pm
oh and as for the touching the coral.....ummm really? And how then do you place,frag,or do other things with the coral? I dont have Telekinesis. And maybe you just didnt notice before sayin what you did it is still in the tank under the water when I took that pic.

-------------

Posted By: kody72
Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 2:48pm
The tank was over 1yr old the rock is over 3 yrs old except maybe 20lbs of it and its a year old. I could grow anything and everything in it the move was only about 2hrs. Start to finish

-------------
http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=60612&title=kody72-fishroom" rel="nofollow - KODY72 FISHROOM BUILD
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext

Posted By: ptronsp
Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 3:16pm
You know it is really frustrating to me that more and more people that are coming to this forum for answers and help are being left frustrated, hurt, angry, and confused because of the way they are being treated. There are so many people in this hobby with the knowledge and the know how to help people along ( especially noobies) and that is why they come to the board is to get answers... not belittled. After all this is a hobby we all want to enjoy.. can't we all enjoy it together no matter how many years we have been in it?

Mark, you simply are too harsh. There is a way to help people and offer them your help without being rude. I have read post after post of you degrading people for whatever reason and it's just wrong. It is getting to the point clearly that people are going to quit coming here for fear that they will be belittled for questions or comments they may have. In this hobby it's not " Your way or the highway", and you are leaving a lot of people that are new to this hobby questioning whether they should be in this hobby or not and that is not right at all.

Clearly you didn't know the history of Bretts tank yet you made such harsh comments without really knowing the tank set up. It's obvious it's because he is *new* you are assuming he doesn't know anything.

I personally have found myself to be alienated from many on this board because I chose to say how I feel and not sit back in the shadows and be intimidated by people. When my husband or myself make posts for the most part they are ignored by what we refer too as  *The Clique* and that is fine because I have a lot of other great people on this board that have been most helpful. When I seeing people being chased away because of people on this board and the comments they chose to make it makes me sad as I would think we would all want to simply enjoy this wonderful hobby and share everything with everyone that wants to know.

It's a sad reputation WMAS is getting because the actions of a select few. Which unfortunately are also leaders. It's pretty sad when I get people sending me Pm's that they totally agree with me but don't want to put themselves out there because of the way they may be treated. Or other pm's from people saying " You might not want to say anything because you will put yourself in a bad light".
  We are all equals right? Nobody is better then the next, not in my eyes at least and that is exactly how some of you all are making others feel.
 Pam

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 3:23pm
+1

-------------
http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=60612&title=kody72-fishroom" rel="nofollow - KODY72 FISHROOM BUILD
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 3:29pm
You know Im agreeing fully on these comments from pam and troy. This board is like high school. Im about done. I bite my tongue on alot of things. I understand people helping. I know alot of these guys have been doin this along time. i respect that. Im done biting my tongue. I wish I wouldnt of deleted that pm I got since I though it was out of line. also what is a bunch of crap is when people go back and edit there comment to make others look bad when they reply. Since this happend to me before. I guess I will just private message certain people on here for help and not post anymore. Then I dont have to deal with the crap.Maybe think about givin advice and keepin it at that if they want to use it let them if they dont then that is there decision. Thanks kody also.

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 4:02pm
And BTW I think Mark should make the PM's he sends to people that are insulting, belittling, and down right  RUDE public so people can make their own judgment! NOBODY has a right to make another person feel as if hey are not as smart as them!!! NOBODY!
 Pam

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 4:11pm
Mark,
 Troy was the one that made the last post, not me. As far as your comment of maybe finding it comforting and enlightening to talk to someone I find that to be a condescending comment and I don't appreciate it. Just because my opinions and feeling are different then yours does not mean I need your comments. It was rude.
 Pam

-- Previous Private Message --
Sent by : Mark Peterson
Sent : 12 April 2011 at 5:18am

Hello Pam,
It appears that you are very offended by this.  If I were in your shoes, I would be too. You might find it comforting and enlightening to talk to someone about it.
Mark

Sent by : ptronsp
Sent : 11 April 2011 at 8:42pm

Mark,
 I don't need you to explain anything to me.

Sent by : Mark Peterson
Sent : 11 April 2011 at 6:32pm

Hello Pam,

I didn't come to that meeting to talk about the RT. I came to see an old friend give a presentation about something that was of great value to me.

A few days previous, I had asked Burt to pass on the announcement of the Reef Tour. Terence invited me to stand and out of courtesy I stood up.

FYI, In the 15 year tradition of the Reef Tour, we have never refused anyone. The Reef Tour is a very big thing that the WMAS does for the community and for the ocean. Overall it seemed to go very well. Did you enjoy the RT?

Please call me or have Troy call me so I can help you understand what has happened here and why. Smile

Mark
435-229-5614

-------------

Posted By: Snowsrfr
Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 4:27pm
Pam,

You are the bravest person on this forum and I choose to no longer just sit back "in the shadows". Shortly after becoming a guest on the board many years ago, I was verbally bashed behind my back at a predidency meeting I believe it was due to the fact that I honestly answered a question concerning membership that a member of the presidency had posted. Most recently, I had several people from the board, one being either an outspoken member or member of presidency, I was not told which go to Ryan at Aquatic Dreams telling him, that I was bashing him on the boards because of a post I made in a thread about the new store in Ogden. That's why I'm so afraid to get involved in this club because it is so clique and you never know who you'll get backstabbed by next.

I've personally been on the receiving end of Marks snide comments both on the forums and via PM over the years. Oddly, he has actually been helpful to me but always via PM. Maybe he's making his stand as alpha reef keeper.

I found it amazing that he knew exactly what was wrong with Brett and Kritine's tank without actually seeing it. They have tons of beautiful corals that are thriving and made me a bit envious. I sure didn't go over there with all the answers because I don't pretend to have them. I went over there as one reef keeper to another and gave him advice based on what I saw, have experienced myself, etc. Will this solve all there problems? Who knows? Did I belittle them and tell them to stop there sadistic ritual of "killing these animals"? I sure hope I didn't leave them with that impression. I do appreciate the $60 for the house call though!

Now comes the time when the presidency comes together, tells all parties that we are being too sensitive, blah, blah, blah. So much is done via PM on this board to avoid this kind of crap but the presidency will continue to turn a blind eye. They are fine with how things are operating as long as the due from members keep coming in and the main clique that keeps this machine rolling stays intact.

Bret

-------------
"A fish tank is not a pet. It's a TV that you gotta feed." - John Caparulo

Posted By: jcoulter17
Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 4:27pm
Mark, out of all people your presidency. What are private messages if you post on the board?
What's the point your trying to get at doing this?  Are you really trying to get people away from this club?

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 4:28pm
Oh Mark I am with Pam on this I have received PM's in the past from you as well. I was going to stay out of this as it is just easier but wow you sure know how to make a new guy around here feel unwanted! I am in the same boat as Pam I tend not to agree with you on everything and for that I get criticized and belittled. I know there are several more PM's you have sent to Pam that are very condescending treating her like because she is a woman she has no say.
I won't post on here anymore either when I have a problem as Mark seems to have an "answer" for everything and it is never nice or said in a decent way.

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 4:30pm
On a positive note, Brett and Kristine it was a pleasure to meet you and view your tanks. If I can ever be of any help with anything just give me a shout. 801-663-3037.

Bret

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 4:40pm
Snowsrfr, (Bret) thank you very much. I couldn't agree with you more!
 Pam

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 4:51pm
It was great meeting you too. It's good to have some people who actually see our tanks and know we are not trying to kill fish :-P you and your wife should come over for drinks sometime!

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 4:54pm
Thank you so much bret it helped alot to put my mind at ease and you are welcome any time to come by.And I would love to come by and see your tank sometime. And pam,kody,jackie,and josh thanx also. Glad to know there are people that will come and help.

And hope you buy a nice coral for your tank bret with that money

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 5:06pm
Sorry Brett, nothing you said made any sense to me as all I can concentrate on now is the invitation for drinks from your wife!

-------------

Posted By: wickedsnowman
Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 5:35pm
See there is supportive people on this board. I hope you guys dont leave I have enjoyed seeing your posts, build threads and such. I hope my advice ive ever given didn't came off as condescending or rude. I think you have a genuine passion for the hobby and dont intentionally kill these guys. Sh#t happens... fact of the matter is nobody knows everything about this hobby. It wasn't that long ago people couldnt keep any corals captively. We have come a long way in the last decade or two. So in a sense were all learning. As far as whats best for the world. IMO if you have passion and good intentions that's all someone could ask for. 99% of the people in the world could care less about fish, coral and reefs or saving them.

Posted By: Adam Blundell
Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 5:53pm
I'll join in for a bit.

I kind of agree with Pam.  I know Mark is trying to help, but sometimes he.... lacks tact?  I've told him many times that he's an idiot.  So much so that he stopped listening LOL.  But the truth is he is just trying to help.  I can tell you that in my years as president I'd receive lots of complaints about Mark (he wasn't on the top of the list, but close) but at the same time I'd receive lots of compliments about him (probably more than any other person).  I even put him in time out a couple times and locked his account for 48 hours.

One thing I guess I do disagree on with Pam is the clique thing.  That's one thing this club has done very well is avoiding things like that.  We have new people all the time getting involved and becoming very active in the club.  Heck every month at dinner we have new people joining.  I get calls from other clubs asking how we stay drama free.  With such a high turnover in the hobby we just seem to avoid it.  Heck, even the presidency has about a third turnover every year.  Our presidency certainly isn't a clique, just look at how many new people we have in this year's presidency compared to only one or two years ago.  

It's sad when drama comes up and feelings get hurt.  I hope we can all get past whatever grudges are out there and continue to help all the other wonderful hobbyists who love marinelife.  

Let's all try to get along, and well, make the best of the hobby.

Adam

-------------
Come to a meeting, they�re fun!

Posted By: BobC63
Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 6:02pm
I will agree with you guys on 1 thing and defend Mark on 1 thing-

Many times Mark's "advice" posts do come off as condesending or maybe even rude.

I will defend him by saying he is truly one of the all-around nicest people you will EVER meet in person and I truly believe he is not intentionally trying to ridicule or offend anybody.

I just think he can't visualize how what he writes appears to others...

-------------
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 6:49pm
lol @ bret we BBQ alot in the summer and have get togethers so I will let you know.

@ wicked no your all good like I said lil critisism is good think it is just the way it is written. Like I said I appreciate this forum it has helped us alot. I just wont be as active on the boards since I dont want to deal with it. I got some good friends that ive met on here and will go to for help. And look at other forums when I google since I belive they are also informative.Thanx to everyone for the help they have givin us.

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 6:56pm
I think the bottom line is Mark needs to quite sending pm's to people that are rude. Telling them he is angry with them and that they need to quite killing things, and maybe this hobby is not for them since they don't have the patience or know how like he does. THAT IS JUST WRONG!

There have been several pm's sent that were completely out of line, not just one.
I want everyone to feel as though they can come to the boards and feel welcome and free to ask whatever question they have, whether that be dumb to one it isn't to another. Just show respect and kindness. Not everyone is as Educated as the next, there is room for all.

I guess that is my biggest pet peeve is someone making someone else feel as if they are not as *good* at them, no matter the reason. Mark has personally sent a couple of pm's to me telling me to have Troy (my husband) call him so he could explain it to him so Troy could then turn around and explain it to me! Completely uncalled for. What is he implying. I would just publicly like to ask Mark to please quit sending me PM's if they are going to be in this manner.

Pam

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 6:58pm
+1

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 6:58pm
i have to say Mark can be kind of a pain but he means well, some post and post and seem to never learn and/or listen. i disagree and agree with alot of what Mark says. but i have to say we all should try to keep our fish and corals in good health, not just for us but for the reefs too!!!!!!

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 7:58pm
I will never listen to mark on anything because he thinks he's GOD of the reef world. Etc. Oh if I wanted affordable reef I wouldn't be in this hobby. Because its not affordable it takes a lot of money to have a nice looking reef not just boulders aka lbtr and algae in a tank with a few softies in it.

-------------
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by BnK BnK wrote:

snowsrfr came by and I am real thankful.
with that said. it is funny how many personalities are on this board and opinions.I get told on here by like 4 guys usually the same 4 that it is a new tank slow down. But then I get ones that I talk to at meetings,pm,that visit that everything looks,sounds,is good. When i got this tank from kody it was well established and like I said the move was fast and went well. used his rock,sand,and water. Things happen in the hobby sad to say fish and coral die some times with reason sometimes without. More people say my tank is established than ones that say aint. they just dont post because of certain peoples comments and get tired of hearing them. I wont name names and put them on blast like they like to do to others.There is a difference in bein helpful and pushing people away. Just like the private message I got a while back sayin he is angry or something I ignored it pretty much. But sad how many people I talk too are pushed away form this forum because of this.Kind of like a comment made with someone finding answers to a question on another forum and bein told well other forums are wrong or filled with noobs. Now dont get me wrong there are alot of good people and smart guys on this forum but come on get off you high horse. Well anyway thanx everyone even for the critisism. I have learned alot and got a long way to go. Oh and as for the sps we are thinking it was put to high up and I should of put it down lower.

You are getting told by your friends you meet that your tank is good and is sound?  Why so many problems then?  Just because we tell you to slow down or your tank needs some work doesn't mean we don't want to be your friends.  You are posting and asking for advice and we are trying to help....so far I have yet to see better advice given for this particular problem than what Mark has given.  You need to slow down and gain knowledge about this hobby.  Just by the sheer number of posts you generate regarding learning things and problems your having is concerning. 

Anyways, back to the problem....putting your SPS corals up too high would not cause it to white out at the base.  This advice is concerning.  This is not logical in any way.  Too much light leads to bleaching from the tips down.  The coral appears quite brown and is relatively dark which would lead me to assume an excess amount of nutrients in the tank.  Temp swings, not enough flow, too much flow, unstable Cal & Alk balance, or an unstable tank as a whole would likely be the culprit.  1 month old or 10 years old, a tank move is very hard on the tank and causes a great deal of havoc.  The most tank death I have ever had is after moving an established tank.....problems occurred up to 6 months after the move.    (dinos, random spikes, highly toxic gas pockets, etc.) 

As you mentioned it is quite funny how many personalities and opinions are on this forum....I hope you find success by following the opinions you are currently choosing to follow....if you continue to have problems, which it seems, it might be time to follow some different advice....I hope to see this tank flourish and that the number of problems posting diminishes....this is when you are following the best opinions and advice....

A new or old tank is irrelevant when we say "slow down"....your seeking knowledge and learning, however, this is being accompanied by a slew of problems....I would slow down considerably. 

Now that was a long post.  If you find my comments or advice hurtful or not helpful, perhaps they just plain upset you, just let me know, and I will honor your request and no longer respond to any of your questions.  This forum is a great place and your membership here should not be determined by big meany Mark or any of my advice that you may not like to hear.

Cheers & Good luck

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 9:01pm
Once again people leaving things out, or misinterpreting. My exact words were that more than like the piece on question just RTN'd. That being the tough and dad part of the SPS world. He had other pieces that were showing signs of bleaching. I recommended moving them down lower to adjust to the lighting. I know from experience that the power of T5's can be quite the shock to some corals. Also browning can be a cause of browning. In my tank I have a stag I had to move up higher to start getting color and a Garf Bonsai I am having to move down to get its dark purple and less browning. I left there today giving him my opinion and observations, a few things to try and we would go from there. I know I don't have the power to look at a pic and diagnose a tank but I'm willing to help him out and get all corals flourishing.

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 9:01pm
Here's the problem... Mark's "advice" comes off more as an accusation. No one likes to be called a "fish killer". I bet he wouldn't like it very much if we called him a "baby clown fish killer". As for Bret's advice being incorrect we had someone else tell us today that could be the problem. Funny how you guys can tell flow, temp, nutrients, or stability of a tank from a picture. You know what they say about assuming? That you make an ass of yourself. The coral isn't brown. It's a dark purple. All our other corals and fish are doing just fine. The other problems you mention are mostly about fish that I believe we bought sick because they died shortly after bringing them home. Mainly from one place.

I don't mind opinions from any one on here as long as they don't come off demeaning and belittling.

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 9:30pm
why so many problems? well I had a 110 gallon that was set up from scratch that was bowing so I took it down. There was some problems with that one. Then my 95g which had some problems. hmm then I got my wife a fluval with three fish and it was just to much to handle since like they say the smaller the tank the harder.So we upgraded to a 90g. That had couple problems but in all did ok. Then i bought bob's tank to make a aggresive tank. Now not all my posts were about problems some were questions on things some were things that i didnt know about that were normal for tanks like worms,what starfish were good,about ich when i though i had that but didnt. Some were askin advice like do ammonia dampners work.Maybe I shouldnt be doin three tanks But i am.It is not just one tank with problems it is tryin to learn as I go and asking questions.I went to aquatic dreams talked to them about it they said it could be a few things and gave me some pointers just like bret did. I might have mistyped what I ment by its the lighting but didnt want to go into depth of what we talked about. I have had two corals in this tank die. the orange monti which alot said rtn'd. And now this one. I had some fall into torch and hammer and were causualties from not gluing them down. and some fall behind the rock work.From what i see normal things that happen to people. The fish dying I have added one since that problem. Were a few people had problems with fish from that store also. My madrin draggonet which I was told would die in a tank to new is fat and healthy eating bugs. My powder blue tang that was a mistake for me to buy is healthy and alive.Like I have said Im here for help but there are ways to help and ways to not. bein called a fish killer and what not is not helpful but then again I didnt kill a tank of baby clowns either.As for a tank move Ive had two guys help me that have been in the hobby multiple yrs. One moved his tank from think it was wisconsin. Guess I just wont ask for help on the boards like I said. since everything is assumed on here.My cal and alk have been good the whole time,the temp is within 3 degree change,my flow is two koralia 3's and sea swirls which I have been told is good. My skimmer went down and caused a few problems but is fine. anyway i am rambling and lost train of though. I will take advice from people that have well established tanks that look good and take the time to travel to see my tank and help me with it over someone that looks at a couple pics and assumes. Sorry just the way I am. If people want to help that is fine but there are ways to do it Dont be a DIC#$ and belittle someone.

-------------

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 9:37pm
and to respond on my friends tellin me its fine it started out as someone concerned and came to help, and I hope left as a new friend. That is how I met three friends on here they came to help and we clicked. they gave me advice and I take it. Just like bret he told me some things it could be what could help me prevent it. and bur01014 your comments dont bother me I welcome help every one is entitled to there opinion. I just am tired of people talkin to others like there a child.Or without respect. and it is not just once or twice or three times apparently it is a issue and been ongoing for awhile.

-------------

Posted By: lucyloo
Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 11:40pm
The thing that we remember is even experts have a differance of opinon, salt water is part art, part science. These are living creatures from the ocean. Not only do we not know everything about the ocean but we are taking these creatures from their natural home. If we are not careful more reefs will close down. Cry I think we all need to be a little more cautious.

Date Posted: April 22 2011 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Cherry Cherry wrote:

Funny how you guys can tell flow, temp, nutrients, or stability of a tank from a picture. You know what they say about assuming? That you make an ass of yourself. The coral isn't brown. It's a dark purple. All our other corals and fish are doing just fine. The other problems you mention are mostly about fish that I believe we bought sick because they died shortly after bringing them home. Mainly from one place.

I don't mind opinions from any one on here as long as they don't come off demeaning and belittling.

I hope the harsh remarks about "assumptions" wasn't toward myself.  I never assumed anything about your tank but simply suggested the mostly likely causes of RTNing SPS corals.  Furthermore, if a thread is created (help my corals aren't doing well) where pictures in the thread are included, people have to draw assumptions to a certain degree in order to give any type of suggestive advice.  In the forum world, this is just how life works.

In addition, in the SPS world a dark purple coral with that particular shade tends to be referred to as a coral that is "browned out"....it is just terminology.  For example, the pictures below. 

I would consider this SPS coral browned out, but it does look purple....

This is the same colony approximately 6 weeks later, starting to develop the appropriate color.  It still has a way to go....probably give it roughly 6 more weeks to peak at its maximum color.  In this example the SPS colony was browned out/dark purple due to excess nutrients.  Just an experimentation I have done in my tank. 

Is your particular colony browned out?  In my experience, yes....but, people may disagree.  But the real problem, the life of the coral, due to RTNing is the issue.  It sounds like you guys have it figured out and would prefer no other advice.   Its great other fish folk are able to go over to your home to help you out.  I wish I had the time and the wife that was that understanding ;).....

Good luck

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 12:09am
I don't mind getting advice from anyone. I just think some peoples advice needs to be less harsh and demeaning.

-------------

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 12:15am
I took the piece to aquatic dreams and I know im gonna prolly get comments on this since it is a LFS. But from what I hear and see they have nice coral and take care of it. Ben gave me some pointers also and said it doesnt seem to rt'n and is very smooth for it to be bugs or worms at all.

Most the comments are in general. It could of already been doin this since I didnt know to look real good at the base since I also though the tips went white first. this is my first colony. some frags of sps I got have white at the bottom a little bit from superglue but still seem to crust over. so might have started doin this and the moving from down south to layton and all the changes might of sped up this process I dont know.

-------------

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 12:29am
Let us know if it rapidly starts going downhill again or something and perhaps we could change up what your doing.  Hopefully it goes well....if it does, I think that colony will transform before your eyes and become quite colorful!  

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 12:33am
Bur -- Having seen this colony in person, if we can get it to recover it does have the potential to be a stunner. I agree with your above opinion on browning out. It seems to be my experience that with the smooth skin acros like Brett's and the one you posted they do look a purple color, where the milis, more polyp (just made up that term) acros, look brown. Great pics to make a great point.

-------------

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 12:46am
i have to say that most of you have been too harsh on Mark. for everyone out there this is the FACT. even the experts that write the books and text books that we learn from are all based at least partly on assumtion!! and experince. everyone has a diffrent take on reef tanks, what works what dose not. if you dont want help dont ask, if you post something dont expect to always get the conclusion that you have come to. that is how you learn about new things. also i have to say Mark is right on the fact that if you rush a reef you will fail that is very well known. im sorry if this offends you but its my thoughts.

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 12:53am
Well lets just say that most of us who posted about Mark have had "encounters" with him on this same level. I have been keeping fish for a long time and when I switched over to salt water I took advise from several different views. Yes I messed up a lot but Mark has a knack for belittling people and we are just the few who will speak up as no one else wants to deal with the backlash.
DC I have never met you but you seem to be a lot like Mark, I have read your comments time and time again giving advice that was not asked for and half the time not correct yet you still post what "you" think.

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 1:07am
bstuver-isnt everyone posting what they think? i understand that Mark can be harsh at times but he does have valid points at times (some are very good). im saying i "think" because i dont want to offend people. but yet you, yourself turn around and say i give "advice that was not asked for and half the time not correct". i can think of only one that i posted that fits that but it is correct. it was about breeding fancy clownfish, i felt it was something a good reefer that cared about the overall long trem effect of the hobby would like to know.

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 1:13am
No actually you posted on BNK's post when he needed an ID that a rock anemone was a paly. I have seen others as well but whatever I knew I should just stay out of this. Honestly about the only reason I come to this forum is to check out the classifieds. I'm thinking that I will just stick with a different club there is way too much high school drama here.

-------------
Jackie Stuver

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 1:29am
+1

-------------

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 2:32am
ok hold on now DC...How long have you been around on this board DC? I think it's been only like 30 days or so... I really don't think you know whats been going on here. 

I had problems with seahorses I got for Ashley and she tried and asked for help here. Mark did everything to make her fell bad because two of the seahorses died. He says some things he had no idea what he's talking about. He always wants to think everyone here that he didn't know is new to the hobby. Mark, you said "but it saddens me to see new hobbyists undertaking the complicated care of such a difficult animal. I would put a couple years of reef experience behind me before trying Seahorses" I started with my first tank that I still have 8 years ago. I been in the military, so I have moved a lot. I moved this fish tank 4 times and with each time being over 1000 miles. So this new hobbyists started with a 210g tank in San Diego and still have the same tank 8 years later....

Never mind I will just get to the point. Before you want to talk crap in front of everybody on the forum, get to know them. If you don't like what you see you tried to help out and let it be.
I know sometimes you think its sad but what can you do? This post in one day got 700 views.

Ashley was DONE with the club but ptronsp, bstuver, wicedsnowman, nick801, and Bnk all made things better and helped out Ashley with the seahorses. I said I was done with the club too and still talk about going to the other club but thanks to ptronsp, bstuver, wicedsnowman, nick801, and Bnk. Ashley said there are good people here and to stay.

Thanks ptronsp, bstuver, wicedsnowman, nick801, and Bnk

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 2:49am
What about me josh. Lol

-------------
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 2:58am
It's good to see people speak up! And Josh, your more then welcome! Kody, we will spread the love..Heart. LOL.
 Pam

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 3:06am
lol it all good Kody. You are lots of help I just didnt put your help in because I looked back and just put the name of the helpful people on that post. TWO of the name I can remember right away because Ashley talked a lot about ptonsp and bstuver. She really likes the two of them. They both took the time and pmed ashley and made her feel better about the whole thing.

Posted By: PDoug
Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 8:47am
Drama is back! Sarcasm aside Learning to agree to disagree is important There is no right or wrong way just your way and my way. Everyone has their off days take what you interpret as tudes with a grain of salt and we can all get along . If I offended anyone then clearly my point was missed and I apoligize . How is the coral looking now ? That would be what I am most intersted in . there is no perfect action only perfect intention.

-------------
(307)679-7898 Phillip Douglass 75 Gallon Reef Tank

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 9:35am
Originally posted by dc dc wrote:

i have to say that most of you have been too harsh on Mark. for everyone out there this is the FACT. even the experts that write the books and text books that we learn from are all based at least partly on assumtion!! and experince. everyone has a diffrent take on reef tanks, what works what dose not. if you dont want help dont ask, if you post something dont expect to always get the conclusion that you have come to. that is how you learn about new things. also i have to say Mark is right on the fact that if you rush a reef you will fail that is very well known. im sorry if this offends you but its my thoughts.

To harsh on Mark? Have you not seen the post where he belittles people and makes them feel like an idiot? He sent my husband a harsh PM saying he was mad at him and that he was a fish killer.. Plus he's called a few people that ON THE BOARDS. I love getting advice from people. But there is a wright way and a wrong way of giving it. If your way of giving it is making people feel bad then it's best left unsaid.

-------------

Posted By: Dion Richins
Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 9:58am
This is just my 2 bits. My tanks wouldn't be the way they are if it wasn't for Marks Guidance in the early years. DO I follow his advice completely? No. In fact he and I have different opinions about half of the time. However he is truly trying to help.

Its obvious that there is a personality conflict with Mark and others. I guess its my thick skin that it doesn't bother me if he says I'm doing something wrong. I understand those that have frustrations and are upset over his advice. Unfortunately that is the Internet world. I don't frequent boards that I don't like. I am/have been active in 9 other club boards in the past. Some of them have way different ideas in Reef keeping. Some are similar. ALL clubs have a "Mark" that means well but sounds like as ass sometimes. Its life.

We have had a few that were incredibly worse and they are no longer on this board.
Over the years some have questioned that call but in the over all health of the club it was good. I do see them post else where and its funny that they don't change. Just those around them do.

My suggestion is this. There are over 2000 members of this board. Ill bet there are 2000 differing opinion on just about everything. Ignore the opinions of the ones you don't like. Listen to several points of view from those you do like and draw your own conclusion. YOU will fail at times. YOU will win at others. Even those of us that have been doing this for years nuke a tank from time to time. We are all playing GOD when we try to manage these Eco systems.
We are all different. This club is a non profit organization. It is the only local club owned Ran and contributed by its members. We have more people on line at 2am than any other club in the valley has had on at any time. Thats why we come here for advice and friendship in our little obsession. Lets all stop with the drama like my crazy friend in Evanston said and get back to helping the problem at hand.

As far as your coral, You've gone to the best Fish Store around for advice. (IMO) You have had some great people look at your tank and offered their advice. My suggestion would be to chose which advice you want to follow and do so. Then sit back and leave it alone and see what happens. It will not correct its self overnight. Something I'm confident you already know. 
In 2 weeks lets see a picture and see how its coming. IF it starts rapidly RtNing then frag the shit out of it and hopefully some will live. Some times they just die. Just like Fish.

I saw a whole shipment of Walt Smiths Aquacultured corals come in looking awesome. A week later they were all dead. We called around and it was happening system wide. Some times crap happens. Ive had coral out of well established tanks die over night. Others 3 months later. All of our systems are different.
So back to my advice. (for what its worth) Do what ever you are going to do and LEAVE it alone. Watch it and let it adjust and heal. Then lets see what it looks like in 2 weeks.

-------------
http://www.customaquariumfurniture.com" rel="nofollow - Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Kristine Woolsey Kristine Woolsey wrote:

If your way of giving it is making people feel bad then it's best left unsaid.

I completely agree with this comment :)

-------------
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Dion Richins Dion Richins wrote:

This is just my 2 bits. My tanks wouldn't be the way they are if it wasn't for Marks Guidance in the early years. DO I follow his advice completely? No. In fact he and I have different opinions about half of the time. However he is truly trying to help.

Its obvious that there is a personality conflict with Mark and others. I guess its my thick skin that it doesn't bother me if he says I'm doing something wrong. I understand those that have frustrations and are upset over his advice. Unfortunately that is the Internet world. I don't frequent boards that I don't like. I am/have been active in 9 other club boards in the past. Some of them have way different ideas in Reef keeping. Some are similar. ALL clubs have a "Mark" that means well but sounds like as ass sometimes. Its life.

We have had a few that were incredibly worse and they are no longer on this board.
Over the years some have questioned that call but in the over all health of the club it was good. I do see them post else where and its funny that they don't change. Just those around them do.

My suggestion is this. There are over 2000 members of this board. Ill bet there are 2000 differing opinion on just about everything. Ignore the opinions of the ones you don't like. Listen to several points of view from those you do like and draw your own conclusion. YOU will fail at times. YOU will win at others. Even those of us that have been doing this for years nuke a tank from time to time. We are all playing GOD when we try to manage these Eco systems.
We are all different. This club is a non profit organization. It is the only local club owned Ran and contributed by its members. We have more people on line at 2am than any other club in the valley has had on at any time. Thats why we come here for advice and friendship in our little obsession. Lets all stop with the drama like my crazy friend in Evanston said and get back to helping the problem at hand.

As far as your coral, You've gone to the best Fish Store around for advice. (IMO) You have had some great people look at your tank and offered their advice. My suggestion would be to chose which advice you want to follow and do so. Then sit back and leave it alone and see what happens. It will not correct its self overnight. Something I'm confident you already know. 
In 2 weeks lets see a picture and see how its coming. IF it starts rapidly RtNing then frag the shit out of it and hopefully some will live. Some times they just die. Just like Fish.

I saw a whole shipment of Walt Smiths Aquacultured corals come in looking awesome. A week later they were all dead. We called around and it was happening system wide. Some times crap happens. Ive had coral out of well established tanks die over night. Others 3 months later. All of our systems are different.
So back to my advice. (for what its worth) Do what ever you are going to do and LEAVE it alone. Watch it and let it adjust and heal. Then lets see what it looks like in 2 weeks.

Clap

-------------

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 10:50am
Kristine why so many users names

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 10:54am
HOw is that relevant to this post?

@ dion thanx

-------------

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 11:16am
Sorry for me assuming
maybe I have you confused with some one else,

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 11:16am
So many? I only had my user name changed once... 

-------------

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 11:20am
Originally posted by jaschall jaschall wrote:

Sorry for me assuming and an other posting in an other one of your drama threads.

one of my drama threads? Please tell me what other threads I posted in where I started the drama.

-------------

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 11:25am

Sorry for me assuming and an other posting in an other one of your drama threads.

ummm WHAT?

-------------

Posted By: Adam Blundell
Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 1:21pm
Dion- SOMEONE HACKED YOUR ACCOUNT!!!

Your last couple posts were well said and summed up our thoughts. I think you once again posted as the voice of reason.

Now, let's all get back to spending our efforts and time answering questions and helping others.

Adam

-------------
Come to a meeting, they�re fun!

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 2:19pm

ummm WHAT?

I love when someone sticks up for themselves or points out a problem or opinion it always gets labeled " Drama threads". And then when the statement is made they go back and edit it to make it appear as if they didn't say it or stir the pot. This is EXACTLY what we are referring to earlier in this post about what Mark has done to us personally just to make us appear to look like the jack @ss. If stating your opinion is considered "Drama", so be it, but where I come from it's called "Freedom of speech".
 Pam

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 2:29pm
I also wanted to say that Mark has some good advice from time to time and has been in this hobby a very long time, we are giving him that. The problem that is being addressed here is the way he goes about offering his advice out to people. Speaking down to someone is not what I call productive.

If this seems to be a common problem with Mark I would think Mark would want to reflect on himself and not spend so much time talking down and belittling the attempts of others. PERIOD! This entire thread I have not seen Mark step up to the plate and explain his actions? Doesn't that seem odd to some?

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

Dion- SOMEONE HACKED YOUR ACCOUNT!!!

Your last couple posts were well said and summed up our thoughts. I think you once again posted as the voice of reason.

Now, let's all get back to spending our efforts and time answering questions and helping others.

Adam

Crap! I am making a habit out of it ;( Ill try to go back to the lose cannon Ive always been known for!

-------------

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 3:14pm
+1 on pams post

-------------

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by ptronsp ptronsp wrote:

ummm WHAT?

I love when someone sticks up for themselves or points out a problem or opinion it always gets labeled " Drama threads". And then when the statement is made they go back and edit it to make it appear as if they didn't say it or stir the pot. This is EXACTLY what we are referring to earlier in this post about what Mark has done to us personally just to make us appear to look like the jack @ss. If stating your opinion is considered "Drama", so be it, but where I come from it's called "Freedom of speech".
 Pam

I noticed that it was edited too... I figured what he said didn't make sense anyway so maybe that was why he edited it. I am giving him the benefit of doubt.  

-------------

Posted By: Lewy
Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 4:02pm
So now that we have fully bashed on Mark....how's the coral doing or should this thread be renamed?

-------------
40 gal w/ 20 sump

Posted By: FirePig
Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 10:34pm
I just want to start out by saying I'm relatively new to the hobby, and have been using the wmas forum for guidance over the last year or so. Rarely do I post, (with this being about my second) but after reading a few of you rip on Mark for the better part of a day, I have to chime in.

I don't know Mark from the man on the moon, but I have to say he has helped me a ton with my tank and doesn't even know it. I've only met him once in person. He was way nice, and I'd even go as far as to say pretty cool (in an I have a mini ocean in my family room nerdy, dorky kind of way). Sometimes he does sound a bit harsh, but he usually says it like it is, and only means to help. It seems there are only a select few that have a problem with Mark, and it turns out those few also seem to be the most vocal right now here in wmas. There have been a few that have said maybe they just have 'thick skins', but Mark is not offensive to them. I think the actual case is there are some that are much more sensitive than most. If Mark is really that offensive to you, I'm of the opinion you just say how you feel once, or better yet, ignore. Don't drag a person through the mud for it or you're no better than they are.

Anyway, just wanted to get a perspective out there from someone that is not very vocal here, but reads most of these threads like they're going out of style. All my opinion mind you, and pretty much coming from a newbie, so take it for what it's worth. :)

I gotta say, I appreciate everyone here. Thanks for all the opinions and advice that have increased my knowledge in the hobby enough that I can enjoy even the simplest aspects of a beautiful reef.

Pig

Date Posted: April 23 2011 at 11:29pm
K I'm gonna say this ONE more time. No one has said mark hasnt been helpful in this forum(that i can think of the top of my head). AGAIN it is the way he speaks and chooses to comment on posts. It is the private messages. It has nothing to do with sensitivity IMO. It has to do with respect and treating people with equality.Yes like it has been said in this thread He has helped many even me when I started Im sure he will continue to do help many. I know this was supposed to be done with and moving on since venting is done and hopefully points on both sides were made.But apparently NOT.
As for dragging through the mud I think some that he has pm'd like pam and some others may have felt the same way. And I have met a few others from fish stores,and other forums that said they left the wmas because of it.So I think there are a lil more than a few. maybe not.
But anyways. I dont hate mark I dont despise him. He is intellegent. He has his own ways of doin things.

-------------

Posted By: CapnMorgan
Date Posted: April 24 2011 at 8:39pm
Wow, I'm gone camping for a few days and I miss everything!

That said, here's my two cents. Brett and Kristine, I can definitely see where you're coming from. I have been told (on many occasions) that I'm crazy or flat our wrong for doing something with my tanks. My personal philosophy is that there are almost as many ways to keep a reef as there are people who keep them. I realize you are frustrated, and even hurt because of what has happened. I also know Mark can be abrasive at times. I believe he truly wants to help but comes across in exactly the wrong way sometimes. I know I have had more than one disagreement with Mark, but we've always managed to work things out. Please know that WMAS is here to help you with your questions, and if you ever need information or help please don't hesitate to pm or even email me. I may not answer right away (I'm usually on late at night) but I will do my best to get back to you asap. Starting out in reefkeeping can be frustrating, especially when getting into the world of SPS, I think every person here can say they have lost corals for apparently no reason at all. I know I have. I hope that you'll continue to post here on the boards for help. I know I will continue to do my best to help answer questions and solve problems with anyone who posts. Also feel free to call or text me on my cell (the number in my sig) any time and I'll do my best to answer any questions for you. 

-------------
Steve
http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40637&PID=356246" rel="nofollow - My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8

Date Posted: April 24 2011 at 9:03pm
This is the thread that would ( not) end yes it goes on and on my friend some people started typing it... Yeah anyway how is the coral? edited for typo stupid envy touch

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2011 at 10:33pm
thanxs capnmorgan I have heard many good things bout your tank and would love to come see it sometime.
pdoug-well it seems the same no worse no better. They dipped it at aquatic dreams. I brought it home and have watched it. and if it starts gettin worse i will just get it fragged.

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2011 at 10:40pm
Thank you capt. We will deff PM you.

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2011 at 10:41pm
@Doug, the coral doesn't look any worse...

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2011 at 10:48pm
Synchronised posting ! I love it reminds me of arguing with myself . As for the Coral Hope it works out good for you

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2011 at 10:49pm
lol yea that was funny I didnt even know she was posting. thanx alot

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2011 at 10:56pm
lol we have done that a couple times.

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2011 at 11:08pm
I am glad the coral hasn't gotten worse!
 Pam

Posted By: DLindquist
Date Posted: April 24 2011 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by kody72 kody72 wrote:

Oh if I wanted affordable reef I wouldn't be in this hobby. Because its not affordable it takes a lot of money to have a nice looking reef not just boulders aka lbtr and algae in a tank with a few softies in it.
LOLLOLThis hit home for me.LOLLOL

-------------
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Date Posted: May 25 2011 at 5:38pm
So hows the coral doing...

Date Posted: May 25 2011 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by jcoulter17 jcoulter17 wrote:

So hows the coral doing...

If you came over more often you'd know... :-P Geeze do I stink? You never come over any more.

-------------

Date Posted: May 25 2011 at 6:00pm
I know how the coral is doing. I just wanted people to read this post again.....

This is not my quote but someone else from this post

You know it is really frustrating to me that more and more people that are coming to this forum for answers and help are being left frustrated, hurt, angry, and confused because of the way they are being treated. There are so many people in this hobby with the knowledge and the know how to help people along ( especially noobies) and that is why they come to the board is to get answers... not belittled. After all this is a hobby we all want to enjoy.. can't we all enjoy it together no matter how many years we have been in it?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net