Print Page | Close Window

The New 90

Printed From: Utah Reefs
Category: Main
Forum Name: Tank Threads
Forum Description: A place to show off your tank build.
URL: http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65888
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 12:49pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The New 90
Posted By: BobC63
Subject: The New 90
Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 7:36am
This tank Build Thread will be a little different than my last threads...

Because the tank is already up and running... for about 5 weeks now - so not exactly a 'build' going on here

But it will feature some fairly new tech, and some cool equipment, such as:

Right now, none of this new stuff has been installed...

But here is a 'sneak peak' at what the tank looks like today:

It will be interesting to see how this upgrades affect - and hopefully improve - how this system looks and operates.

So stayed tuned for more of "the New 90"!

Replies:
Posted By: tileman
Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 8:06am
Beautiful Bob.
That is some nice equipment you have there.  The tank will be rockin with that . Nothing but the best.

-------------
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&

Posted By: Fatman
Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 8:34am

Posted By: badfinger
Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 9:24am
What brand skimmer is that

Posted By: Trevor40
Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 9:36am
Full tank shot looks great!!!

I'm interested to see how you like that WP40.

-------------
Call or Text (801)834-3119

Posted By: Mike Savage
Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 10:00am
It looks beautiful Bob. What did you do for sand bed?

-------------

Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 2:16pm
The wp40 will be replacing a Vortech mp40... reason being, while I really like the Vortech, I would need a 2nd one to really get the kind of flow I want - but I don't want to spend close to $500 on another one.

Based on what I have seen and heard on the wp40, 1 will be more than enough. Shawn over at Aquatic Evolution has 1 on his 110g show tank; he has it dialed down to like 60% and it still moves water like crazy. My 90 is the same footprint as the 110 - just not as deep - so I am expecting similar results...

The lighting is going to be the biggest change as it means I'm giving up my beloved halides. I have been running halides over my reefs for the past 20 years. Tried T5s just once; didn't like it. So, switching to LEDs will be a big change for me. The Kessils I also saw on Shawn's tank and I really like the adjustability on them... about the only thing missing on the halides was the ability to change the color or intensity. And I am getting a really super deal on the Kessils through an old friend back at LIRA (LI Reef Assoc, my old Club back East) that I couldn't pass up...less than wholesale, even.

The controller is a RK Lite that I got with the tank. I have been reading up on some mods over on RC which should allow the RK to control the wp40 with more options than the controller that comes with the pump. Also - possibly - may be able to control the LEDs with it as well.

The skimmer is an Avast Marine Works cone that you actually build from a kit. it is a bit larger than the Bubble Magus cone that I had on my 93 - and on here until I sold it. I thought it might be fun to (sort of) build my own skimmer... although, I just saw someone selling an Elite Aquatics Cone on the Forum for $100 If I had seen that first, I would have grabbed it in a heartbeat! $100 for an EA quality cone skimmer is NUTS!!!

-------------
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *

Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 2:18pm
Sandbed is just a couple of inches of Carribasea aragonite that came with the tank.

-------------

Posted By: Molli
Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 2:30pm
Do you plan to sell your MP40? Is that what you used in the Cube and did you feel it was enough flow?

Posted By: ksmart
Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 3:50pm
Very nice Bob!

-------------

Posted By: DLindquist
Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 4:56pm
Saw this tank a couple weeks ago. Looks great. Love the rock work. Our favorite is your beautiful Halloween Starfish, which is still on our wish list.

-------------
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Molli Molli wrote:

Do you plan to sell your MP40? Is that what you used in the Cube and did you feel it was enough flow?

If the wp40 works out as well as I am hoping, then I will be selling the Vortech mp40.

I had the Vortech on my Cube for a few weeks, and yes, a single Vortech is enough flow for the Cube, due to the shorter length of the Cube compared to a standard 4 - foot long 90 gallon tank.

But , on a 4 - foot long tank, one Vortech mp40 is not quite enough for me...

-------------

Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 9:28pm
Who wants to see some tasty waves???

Vortech mp40 VS. Jebao wp40

"Battle: Tidal Wave!"

http://youtu.be/J-HwURH0f5Y" rel="nofollow - http://youtu.be/J-HwURH0f5Y

Posted By: kody72
Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 9:45pm
The wp40 will out do the mp40 on wave effect hands down but the mp40 has a better flow pattern and better control

-------------
http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=60612&title=kody72-fishroom" rel="nofollow - KODY72 FISHROOM BUILD
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext

Posted By: Upload
Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 10:53pm
I think the flow pattern on the Vortech is wider, for sure... but I am seeing a better 'undertow' on the Jebao (at least when both are in 'wave' mode)...

Kody, how old is your wp40? Does it have the 3 speed control (s1 / s2 / s3)? I know they upgraded the wp40 controller only just recently...

Posted By: kody72
Date Posted: August 04 2013 at 11:57pm
Just the older version I'll be running them on a reef angel and won't be using the control if I ever get that far.

-------------
http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=60612&title=kody72-fishroom" rel="nofollow - KODY72 FISHROOM BUILD
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext

Date Posted: August 05 2013 at 7:19am

Date Posted: August 06 2013 at 8:38pm
Here another video taken today

I had just fed the tank so a couple of the corals were closed from the fish going nuts all around them...

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc244/carlso63/Fuji%20Camera%20Tank%20Pics/More%20Fish%20Stuff/DSCF3139_zpsad479c7a.mp4" rel="nofollow">

Really like the wp40 so far; the water surface is constantly agitated so no more dead zones or 'slicks' at the top of the water... fish seem to love all the flow, too

Date Posted: August 06 2013 at 8:45pm
Here's the current fish list:

Yellow Tang
Kole Tang
Vlamingi Tang
Flame Angel
Coral Beauty Angel
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Six Line Wrasse
Pair of Black Oscellaris Clowns
Pair of Banggai Cardinalfish
Pair of Figi Yellow Belly Blue Devils
Lawnmower Blenny

Posted By: kellerexpress
Date Posted: August 06 2013 at 8:58pm
Looking great! How are you liking the LEDs?

-------------
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2

Date Posted: August 06 2013 at 9:06pm
Don't have them yet - still have halides over the tank

Kessils are on their way; should have them by the weekend

Date Posted: August 06 2013 at 9:08pm
Ah I see. I can't believe how much water movement you are getting from that single wp40!

-------------
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2

Date Posted: August 06 2013 at 9:38pm
Yep, and only 40 watts @ max power

I like that I just need the one, and don't have to have a Korallia stuck on the glass every 6 inches...

One thing that I noticed that is different about the wp40 compared to the Vortech or even Tunzes - on the others the prop winds up and down according to the speed or pulse selected; this pump you can actually see the prop come to a complete stop in between pulses. It only lasts a fraction of a second, but I think that is why the pulses are so strong and well - defined...

Right now, I am feeling like this pump is the best $100 I have spent in this hobby in a long, long time...

Posted By: Huskers
Date Posted: August 06 2013 at 9:51pm
Do you use the night slow down feature? I have loved this pump so far especially for the money!

Date Posted: August 06 2013 at 10:21pm
I have not plugged in the night sensor yet. I'm gonna give the fish and corals a week to get used to the thing on full power 24/7 before I install the night sensor.

-------------

Date Posted: August 08 2013 at 11:48am

Got an "Out for Delivery" message on the Kessil's from UPS today Clap

Should have a package waiting for me on my couch when I get home tonight!

-------------

Date Posted: August 08 2013 at 10:13pm
Kessils are in!

They look terrific!

Took a video!

It looks crappy!

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc244/carlso63/carlso63001/DSCF3140_zps5b14d1a4.mp4" rel="nofollow">

-------------

Date Posted: August 08 2013 at 10:25pm
Have the blues set to 70% and the whites set to 35%... and even that low they overwhelm the camera, and the video is all pixelated and color balance is off...

In person? Stunning shimmer and pop - even better than my Phoenix MH!

Very happy so far with the way this tank is turning out

-------------

Date Posted: August 09 2013 at 9:43am

Date Posted: August 25 2013 at 12:24am
I have to take some time and get some decent photos up...

I have added a ton more livestock to this tank in the past few weeks

Everything is doing very well; I had 1 coral bleach after adding the Kessils... everything else looks fine and has kept it's color - even the SPS

Here's a teaser of the new additions -

I added a fish that is one of my all time favorites. I have only kept this fish once before in a fish only a LONG time ago - never in a reef:

A juvi AUSSIE HARLEQUIN TUSKFISH!

Date Posted: August 25 2013 at 7:10am
Beautiful Harlequin Tusk Bob! They are gorgeous fish and for some reason I find it difficult to get a good photo of one. You did great on the photo!

-------------

Date Posted: August 31 2013 at 10:45pm
Thanks, Mike!

Here are some shots I took tonight:

FTS

The fish are basically all pigs... they kept zooming from one end of the tank to the other, following the camera, thinking were going to get fed.

I have 4 Tangs; Yellow Eye Kole

Convict Tang

Vlamingi Tang (the biggest hog of them all) and his pal the Yellow Tang

2 Hawks; a Flaming Hawk

and a Longnose

A pair of Black Oscellaris Clowns, a pair of Banggai Cardinals, a Heniochus Butterfly, a Yellow Bellied Figi Damsel

Also in there -

A Flame Angel
A Coral Beauty Angel
A Blue Jaw Trigger (Male)

And a total of 8 wrasses = Potter's, Clown Fairy, Blue Belly Fairy, McClosker's Fairy, Christmas, Melanarus, Yellow Coris, and 6 Line

And my favorite, the baby (Australian variation) Harlequin Tuskfish

I am thinking of possibly adding 1 more fish; possibly a Tamarind, Ornate, or juvi Red Coris Wrasse... but not for a little while, as the Tusk and the Heniochus both have a little bit of ich right now.

Not super worried; they still both eat ravenously and the ich does not appear to be worsening... I may soak their food in a little garlic for a bit and see if that helps...

And I have got almost wall - to - wall coral coverage.
Among the many varieties are 5 kinds of Goniopora (Yellow, Red, Blue, Purple, and 'Strawberry Shortcake'); 4 Fungias; Red Robin Stag, Orange, Red, Green, and Honey Gold Digis, Orange, Leng Si, Red, and Idaho Grape Monti Cap; probably 20 different varieties of zoanthids; several different Gorgonian and Sea Whips; Gold Octospawn; a few different varieties of hammers and Frogspawns... and I still have that famous Blue Sponge

Other inverts I still have the ORA Deresa Clam, a couple of Flame Scallops that are almost 9 months old now; my 'Halloween' starfish, a Pink Cucumber and a Tiger Tail Cuke. Plus about 50 hermits and 75 snails. Oh, and a single RBTA.

I am really, really,really liking that Jebao wp40 pump... the entire water surface is constantly churning over; not a single 'dead spot' in the entire tank. Almost dead silent, too.

And the Kessil LEDs I am also loving:

They actually have more 'shimmer' than my metal halides did! Plus, the color adjustability, the lower power usage (180 watts total for both); zero heat added to the tank... still too soon to say how they impact coral growth (only been up for about a month now)... I did have a green Monti Cap bleach out after installing the LEDs, but it could be unrelated - as the other 4 Monti Caps all in the same area of the tank were unaffected by the lighting change.

Down below, everything is working well. Avast CS=1 Cone works great; I'm running the BRS dual chamber reactor set (for carbon and GFO) as well

Parameters are as follows:

Temp = 74 - 75F (24 hr swing)
SG = 1.0255
pH = 8.1
dKH = 9.5
Ca = 420ppm
Mg = 1400ppm
nH3 = 0ppm
nO2 = 0ppm
nO3 = 5ppm
pO4 = 0ppm

Temp is lower than previous tanks because there are no halides heating the water. Nitrates are at 5, instead of 0, probably due to the high fish bioload and associated feedings. Doesn't seem to be affecting SPS coloration anyway. I'll just stick with the monthly 15 gal water changes and won't worry about nitrates unless they go above 15 - 20ppm.

All in all, feeling pretty good about the way the reef is looking right now

Date Posted: September 01 2013 at 1:14am
Dude your reef looks awesome! Good work

-------------
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2

Date Posted: September 01 2013 at 7:04am
Originally posted by BobC63 BobC63 wrote:

All in all, feeling pretty good about the way the reef is looking right now

You should, it looks great!

-------------

Posted By: thathiep
Date Posted: September 01 2013 at 2:34pm
Awesome!! Looks great Bob.

Posted By: Mark Peterson
Date Posted: September 01 2013 at 4:50pm
Looks perfect. Would you say this is this the best reef you've ever done?

-------------
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Date Posted: September 02 2013 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

Looks perfect. Would you say this is this the best reef you've ever done?

I think I learn a little from each one I build. So, in a way, the 'best'...

I do think it is definitely the fastest fully - stocked reef I have ever done; empty tank to 75+ corals and 2 dozen fish in under 3 months!

All without spikes, disease, deaths (fish or coral),and I didn't have any of the usual new tank issues (diatoms, hair algae, cyano, etc)

I believe that there is a sort of philosophy and 'formula' I have created on how to get this done this fast... might be helpful to the newer folks out there. Many times I see people who want a tank like this and don't want to spend a couple of years getting there. So they try a quick setup without knowing all the tricks and pitfalls... and end up with a dirty looking tank full of hair algae, high nitrates, cyano, heavy fish losses, and the inability to keep any corals alive except for button polyps, mushrooms and Xenia (which then overrun the reef). Finally, out of disgust with the whole thing, they get out of the hobby - and sell off on KSL (how do you think I got this tank?)

Maybe I'll do a how - to thread on "Creating a Full - Blown Reef Quickly, Safely, and Effectively...The BobC Way"

-------------

Posted By: Teknik777
Date Posted: September 02 2013 at 3:49pm
looking great Bob!

-------------
220 G SPS Display.

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 5:53pm
A few weeks into running the LEDs now; so far all the coral has acclimated well with a couple of exceptions.

- A Lime Green Digi that has faded / bleached

- A Leng Si Monti that bleached

Everything else appears to be doing well... Here's a video I just shot today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJeXXin46RQ&feature=youtu.be" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJeXXin46RQ&feature=youtu.be

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 6:00pm
I don't see the video or a link to it Bob.

-------------

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 6:49pm
Oops! It's there now, Mike

-------------

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 7:52pm
Things I like best are how some of the fish just bob up and down with the waves, like the are 'surfing'... reminds me of that turtle from "Finding Nemo":

"Hey bud, just chillin' on some tasteeee waves, Bro!"

And, since I am pretty much out of real estate on the sandbed, I set up the frag rack to house the stuff from the Fragfest.

I got 11 frags (your zoas are up there too, Mike) for 82 dollars after the Paid Members discount... that's an average of less than 8 BUCKS A FRAG for Purple Stylopora, Blue Tipped Acro, Pink Acro, Ora Green Birdsnest, Orange Monti, Purple / Orange Acans, Zoas, and a Candy cane with 7 heads on it...

and they're not little frags as you can see from the video. Can't understand how we don't get 400 people showing up to these frag things... guess they would rather pay 4 or 5 times as much elsewhere.

-------------

Date Posted: September 07 2013 at 6:49am

I think I learn a little from each [system] I build.
I do think it is definitely the fastest fully - stocked reef I have ever done; empty tank to 75+ corals and 2 dozen fish in under 3 months! All without spikes, disease, deaths (fish or coral),and I didn't have any of the usual new tank issues (diatoms, hair algae, cyano, etc)

I believe that there is a sort of philosophy and 'formula' I have created on how to get this done this fast... might be helpful to the newer folks out there. Maybe I'll do a how - to thread on "Creating a Full - Blown Reef Quickly, Safely, and Effectively...The BobC Way"
I look forward to reading and learning from your upcoming thread. Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: September 07 2013 at 7:45am

Oops! It's there now, Mike

Now it says the video is private!Confused

-------------

Date Posted: September 07 2013 at 6:44pm
Double Oops!

OK now it is ONLINE and PUBLIC

-------------

Date Posted: September 07 2013 at 9:26pm
It is working now! I really like that Vlamingi too!

-------------

Date Posted: September 07 2013 at 11:42pm
I am thinking...

Do I dare?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LqJSkTM537s" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LqJSkTM537s

BTW, that is a single wp60 on a 6 foot, 180g tank... I'd say that wave is 6 inches tall!

-------------

Date Posted: September 08 2013 at 9:10am
That is one heck of a wave!

-------------

Posted By: Molli
Date Posted: September 20 2013 at 5:43pm

[/QUOTE]

I think I learn a little from each one I build. So, in a way, the 'best'...

I do think it is definitely the fastest fully - stocked reef I have ever done; empty tank to 75+ corals and 2 dozen fish in under 3 months!

All without spikes, disease, deaths (fish or coral),and I didn't have any of the usual new tank issues (diatoms, hair algae, cyano, etc)

I believe that there is a sort of philosophy and 'formula' I have created on how to get this done this fast... might be helpful to the newer folks out there. Many times I see people who want a tank like this and don't want to spend a couple of years getting there. So they try a quick setup without knowing all the tricks and pitfalls... and end up with a dirty looking tank full of hair algae, high nitrates, cyano, heavy fish losses, and the inability to keep any corals alive except for button polyps, mushrooms and Xenia (which then overrun the reef). Finally, out of disgust with the whole thing, they get out of the hobby - and sell off on KSL (how do you think I got this tank?)

Maybe I'll do a how - to thread on "Creating a Full - Blown Reef Quickly, Safely, and Effectively...The BobC Way"
[/QUOTE]

Hey Bob! Are you still thinking about sharing your formula? I haven't rushed the 2 tanks I have started, but would really like to not have to wait a yr before I can put SPS in my new cube after I put it on line. But I also don't want to be responsible for killing SPS corals simply because my tank wasn't ready for them. Would love to hear your ideas

Date Posted: February 21 2014 at 5:23am
Any updates Bob?

-------------
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2

Posted By: rwgoose
Date Posted: February 21 2014 at 3:45pm
man that tank is looking good!! I hope to get mine to that kind of glory someday!! nice work!!

-------------
getting fishy??

Date Posted: February 23 2014 at 8:45pm
In response to everyone asking "How's the tank going, Bob?"
New vid - first one in quite awhile...

Date Posted: February 23 2014 at 10:37pm
Noticed a few things, now that I actually watched the video -

- The LEDs really wrack havoc with the video quality; especially the blues. That and the shimmer. The longer distance shots look much more visually appealing than the closeups. Next time I shoot video I am going to experiment with shutting down the blues completely to see if that makes a difference.

- About half the corals that I called 'hammers' are actually frogspawn. So, if you are watching and thinking "that hammer looks like frogspawn', you are correct.

- I called the Jebao wp40 an mp40 more than once... LOL

-------------

Date Posted: February 24 2014 at 7:03pm
Here is a short video I took today. This time I turned the blue LEDs all the way off; so just the whites @ 40%... looks a lot better IMO:

-------------

Date Posted: August 10 2014 at 10:46pm
It has been quite a while since I have updated this thread; many things have changed:

- I had to get rid of "Gigantor" the Tuskfish Unhappy although we all knew that day would come... After a year plus of not harming anything, despite his size... one day he decided to devour my 10" ORA Deresa Clam (!) and then he started flipping / burying any coral that was on the sandbed. I lost all my Fungia and most of the chalices before I got him out. He also killed all 4 of my cardinalfish (2 Banggai and 2 Pajama)

- I replaced him with a different 'marquee' fish - a Sohal Tang

- I also traded away the Powder Blue Tang and the Kole Tang to give the Sohal more territory. I did keep the Vlamingi and the Sailfin.

- I have redone the Aquascaping to allow for a larger water volume / less rockwork

- Sold off / traded off several other corals in the process

- Hardware wise, I changed skimmers. Now run a Bubble Magus Curve 7. I also pulled one of the wp40s. The 'alternating pumps' thing was a nice gimmick, but I really didn't see any difference over running just 1 pump

About the video:

- Running the Kessil A350W LEDs with the '25K blue' shut all the way off; '12K white' on @ 30%

- The single wp40 circ pump is on; the return pump is on

- Shot this at about 8PM Sunday night, this way not too much ambient light from outside (there is a large window just to the right of the tank)

- Room lighting is off

- The sound is on, but there is no commentary

Here is a new video - hope you like it. And watch how these fish go for my secret formula "Iron Chef" food Wink

-------------

Posted By: love2skiutah
Date Posted: August 10 2014 at 11:09pm
Looks awesome Bob

Date Posted: August 11 2014 at 9:46am

Current Fish List (14):

Sohal Tang
Sailfin Tang*
Vlamingi Tang*
Flame Angel*
Coral Beauty Angel*
Yellow Coris Wrasse*
Red Coris Wrasse
Twin Spot Ornate Wrasse
Christmas Wrasse
Marine Betta
Flame Hawk*
Figi Yellow Belly Blue Devil*
Pair of Black Oscellaris Clowns*

* "Original" fish from the initial setup 1 year ago

2 new favorites are the juvi Red Coris and the Twin Spot. Love the coloration on these guys - wish they would come out in the open more often

The Red is about 3+ inches long and really stands out when he is in the open

The Twin Spot is less than 2 inches and really just a baby. As he gets more used to the tank I am hoping to see him more; it is one of my favorite fish!

The Marine Betta is the same way. I got him from Rusty up at Benepets last year (so maybe 9 - 10 months ago. Gorgeous fish, hardly ever see it... in fact, after I put it in the tank it was 5 months before I saw it again - I thought it had died!

-------------

Date Posted: August 11 2014 at 3:40pm
Those are two of the most gorgeous fish!Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: jdinchak
Date Posted: August 11 2014 at 3:45pm

Current Fish List (14):

Sohal Tang
Sailfin Tang*
Vlamingi Tang*
Flame Angel*
Coral Beauty Angel*
Yellow Coris Wrasse*
Red Coris Wrasse
Twin Spot Ornate Wrasse
Christmas Wrasse
Marine Betta
Flame Hawk*
Figi Yellow Belly Blue Devil*
Pair of Black Oscellaris Clowns*

* "Original" fish from the initial setup 1 year ago

2 new favorites are the juvi Red Coris and the Twin Spot. Love the coloration on these guys - wish they would come out in the open more often

The Red is about 3+ inches long and really stands out when he is in the open

The Twin Spot is less than 2 inches and really just a baby. As he gets more used to the tank I am hoping to see him more; it is one of my favorite fish!

The Marine Betta is the same way. I got him from Rusty up at Benepets last year (so maybe 9 - 10 months ago. Gorgeous fish, hardly ever see it... in fact, after I put it in the tank it was 5 months before I saw it again - I thought it had died!

Bob - you will see that twin spot a bunch.  He grows fast, I got a tiny one and mine is pretty big.  Master hunter and LOVES to flip over your coral.  My wife hates him but I think he is an interesting fish.  Definitely unique.  Enjoy!

-------------
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank

Date Posted: August 11 2014 at 10:42pm
In my haste, I actually forgot a fish! Embarrassed

Picked up this little guy from Dave Anderson a few weeks back; plopped him in the tank, and forgot all about him:

Swales Swissguard Basslet

Date Posted: August 12 2014 at 5:33am
Very pretty.

-------------

Posted By: Nick801
Date Posted: August 12 2014 at 9:48pm
Im Glad to see that Sohal Happy =) Maybe when he out grows your tank I'll take him back as my last addition =)  is he playing nice?

-------------
http://www.reefinsanity.com" rel="nofollow - www.ReefInsanity.com
http://www.facebook.com/ReefInsanity" rel="nofollow - www.Facebook.com/ReefInsanity
801-680-4676

Date Posted: August 13 2014 at 8:24am
He gave the Sailfin a little crap the very first day he was introduced in to the tank - but, other than that the Sohal has been Mr. Congeniality so far Wink

Eats like a champ; and swims around like he owns the reef Star

-------------

Date Posted: September 07 2014 at 7:54am
My 7 - month old grandson loves to sit with Grandpa and watch the 'fishees' Heart 
Took a few photos of him sitting up in my chair, all by himself, to show the family; took a few photos of the tank to show you guys Big smile

The dogs have to get in on the action as well...

"Are you going to feed the fishees now, or what?"

Vlamingi Tang (5")  and 1 of the clowns

Sailfin Tang  (3.5 ")

Sohal Tang (4+ ")

Christmas Wrasse (3")

Flame Angel (2.75")

Coral Beauty Angel (2.75")

Here's the Elegance Coral from the Fragfest Silent Auction. Not quite open 100% yet

Goniopora

The Yellow Fiji Leather, also from the Fragfest.
I figure it will take a couple of weeks before it fully opens; should be about 6" across when it does

Pink & Green Wellso

Neon Hammer (center), Meteor Shower (lower left), Bob's  Famous Blue Sponge (right)

Blue Deepwater Bottlebrush (center)

Pink Stylo

Green Hydno

Red Cap

Blue Cali Tort

Zoas  and Palys popping up all over

Here's the Ornate Twin - Spot Wrasse (2")

And the very elusive Marine Betta (3.75")

Pink Birdsnest

Some of the photos came out decent - many more did not... definitely looking  forward to the October
Club Meeting and the Photography Forum w/ Mike Savage so I can learn from the master and brush up on my photography skills! Thumbs Up

Date Posted: September 07 2014 at 8:18am
Thumbs Up awesome Thumbs Up Please let us see both sets of those pics.
My greatest pleasure, and hers, is for my 10 month old granddaughter to sit with me watching the reef.
Aloha  Hug

-------------

Date Posted: September 28 2014 at 9:22pm
Had a few people asking for an update on the 90 G.
I think things are going pretty well.

Here are some stats:

- Tank has been running for approx 14 months
- 90 G display; 20 G sump.
- Jebao dc9000 return pump; Bubble Magus Curve 7 skimmer; Ebo Jager 300w heater.
- BRS dual reactor - running carbon in both sides.
- Reefkeeper Lite Controller
- DIY 15g ATO
- Jebao wp40 in the display; set on Wave1, Speed2
- 2 Kessil a350 'Tuna Blue' matrix - array LEDs

Parameters 
    SG = 1.0255
Temp = 77.0 - 77.4 (24 hr. cycle)
    pH = 8.1
  dkH = 10.0
    Ca = 440ppm
    Mg = 1360ppm
  nH3 = 0ppm
  nO2 = 0ppm
  nO3 = 40ppm

Fish List
Sohal Tang
Vlamingi Tang
Sailfin Tang
Flame Angel
Coral Beauty Angel
Marine Betta
Swales Basslet
Red Coris Wrasse
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Twin Spot Wrasse
Christmas Wrasse
Flame Hawkfish
Fiji Blue Damsel

Here is a video I took tonight. No sound.
22K 'blues' all the way off on the Kessils - just the 12K 'Ocean' lighting:

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net