Print Page | Close Window

Purple kenya tree and Xenia

Printed From: Utah Reefs
Category: Buy / Sell / Trade
Forum Name: Aquarium Related Classifieds
Forum Description: The place to buy, sell, and trade for all club members, guests, stores owners, and more
URL: http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=83565
Printed Date: November 21 2017 at 10:36am

Topic: Purple kenya tree and Xenia
Posted By: WaitForIt...
Subject: Purple kenya tree and Xenia
Date Posted: November 08 2017 at 10:28am
Hey all,
i have some good size kenya tree growing that i need to thin out.  Also, i have a small colony of xenia that are taking up some valuable real estate.  I'd like to trade or sell for cheap to anyone interested in these easy corals.  Let me know what you've got!

801-699-6263

-------------
It is possible that longing for something is actually better than having it. Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Replies:
Posted By: Reefresh
Date Posted: November 09 2017 at 8:19pm
I’m interested in the Xenia as long as it’s not Pom Pom Xenia. I could trade a frag of green montipora. Or $5

Date Posted: November 10 2017 at 7:57am
I guess i'm not entirely sure what makes it pom pom or not.  You could come see it for yourself, if you'd like.

-------------
It is possible that longing for something is actually better than having it. Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Posted By: Reefresh
Date Posted: November 10 2017 at 5:49pm
Usually Pom Pom spreads out in small stalks. others grow thicker taller trunk like structures

Date Posted: November 10 2017 at 9:16pm
These are thicker stalked. They haven't really spread, just grow tall

-------------

Posted By: Mark Peterson
Date Posted: November 10 2017 at 10:32pm
The Pulsing Xenia that is most common these days spreads over the rock and even propagates itself similar to Kenya Tree, sending frags floating around the tank. I believe its origin is the Red Sea.

In the old days when the name "Pom Pom Xenia" was coined, it described a Pulsing Xenia from the Fiji Islands that looked pretty much like a Cheerleaders Pom Pom. The first pic is that Xenia in one of my tanks around 1999 and the second pic is from another hobbyist tank, about 2003. If these pics look like what you have, I am also interested in a frag.

-------------
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Date Posted: November 13 2017 at 8:16am
These are all gone!  thanks all

-------------

Print Page | Close Window