Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2000 gph Maxijet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2000 gph Maxijet
    Posted: May 31 2006 at 7:55pm

Kinda nifty i thought......
    http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=717034&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Edited by Kyle - May 31 2006 at 7:56pm
Kevin View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2006 at 2:00pm
    I have done this and I like it very much. I plan on setting up a second one in my tank. Truthfully it is very easy. The limiting factor origionally is the center shaft where everyone was recommending titanium because it wouldn't rust (it wasn't easy to come by the rod). Now the mod has changed to use a carbon fiber rod as the center shaft and those you can get at a local hobby shop.

As for the 1.5" test cap or knockout cap, I have never been able to find them at homedepot or lowes in my area. But I have been able to find them at a plumming supply store (they had tons of pvc stuff).

Honestly the mod is very easy and I would be willing to help anyone trying to do it. They hardest part is making some sort of holder for it (I don't trust suction cups with something that blows this much water).

Now what would be Really cool is doing the 2000 gph maxi with this -- http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=799971
This is a holder for the maxijet that will rotate so the maxijet will constantly be changing flow direction.
Pledosophy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pledosophy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 2:46pm
That is very cool. I will definetly try that one out. :)

Kevin look at http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_powerheads_pumps_algae_free_sure_grip_holder.asp?CartId=

Instead of the suction cups. Wink
Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds . . . Albert Einstein
Kevin View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 6:27pm
That looks like it would work well instead of suction cups. My only problem with it is that it costs more than the powerhead itself. I have made do with a diy acrylic holder for now. It works better than suction cups but I am not super impressed with it. I have heard of some DIY making a holder similar to that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic