Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coralline algae scraper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coralline algae scraper
    Posted: June 05 2006 at 7:34pm
Somebody in a recent post mentioned a scraper from Home Depot that works very well for this purpose; alas I can't recall what that was.  Can somebody remind me?  Thanks!
If you can't bedazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs!
Dinhkim Le - Procrastinator extra-ordinare
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2006 at 7:48pm
that would be good to know, I spent a hour yesterday scraping my tank with a old credit card.

Family Portraits /Google trusted Photographer for Google Maps for Businesses
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2006 at 8:30pm
Top Fin now produces a scraper like the Kent Scraper.  They are much cheaper.  Find them at Petsmart.  They have blue handles and an almost identical blade.  I bought the hand sized scraper.  Kent's is $10-15 almost anywhere.  This one is $3.95.  Kent's blades are more than that.
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2006 at 8:45pm
This one's cheap.  LOL

dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2006 at 8:49pm
Very interesting!  It looks however like a very sophisticated DIY piece and I'm not much of a DIYerLOL

I'm looking for a bigger piece so that I don't have to to do much work.
If you can't bedazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs!
Dinhkim Le - Procrastinator extra-ordinare
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2006 at 10:06pm
that would work great, .....except for the acrylic tankDisapprove
Family Portraits /Google trusted Photographer for Google Maps for Businesses
Gahlenfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gahlenfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2006 at 11:01pm
Jon thats way funny!  I bet it doubles as your razor as well while your wife is using your good oneLOL
Kevin F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 12:39am
I use the Kent scraper on my acrylic tank with luck. Got mine with blade for $8 at this place

http://windowtothesea.com/display.php?cat=13&subcat=99

Edited by Kevin F - June 06 2006 at 12:40am
The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly. Albert Einstein
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic