Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 Gallon Nano

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 4:41pm
Dang.

So anyway, what do you plan on keeping in that tank?
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 4:55pm
I'll be selling off my home tank in the next few months (temporary hiatis) so I'll be keeping frags of all the softies out of my home tank that I want to keep.  A few Rics, mushrooms, sarco, lemnalia, etc...  Oh and a few small colorful fish.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 5:00pm
A 'few fish/coral'?  How many do you think it can handle?  Are you going to add skimmer/refugium/kalk reactor?

Edited by chris.rogers - December 06 2006 at 5:00pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 5:24pm
Also, where'd you pick up the ballast?  Is it referred to as 'the' workhorse 5 ballast?
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by jfinch jfinch wrote:

I'll be selling off my home tank in the next few months

Really... ?

Dibs on the monster skimmer... LOL
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 6:31pm
How many do you think it can handle?

I don't know, I'm sure it'll be overstocked.  But I plan 50% water changes weekly (what else am I going to do at work Wink)

Are you going to add skimmer/refugium/kalk reactor?

No.  But I wasn't planning on a heater either.

Also, where'd you pick up the ballast? 

Commerical Lighting Supply in SLC

Is it referred to as 'the' workhorse 5 ballast?

Fulham is the company, Workhorse is the brand, and 5 is model.

Dibs on the monster skimmer...

My tanklessness will be temporary so I'm not planning to sell the stuff that's easy to store and could be used on the next tank.  So I don't think I'll sell the skimmer, reactor, pumps or lights.  Just everything in the tank and the stand/canopy/tank.
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 7:13pm
First dibs on anything pink? or purpleish to accent the pink? Or anything that swims upright?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 7:33pm
I think I'll take some rock/soft/LPS corals.

When are you breaking it down?
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 8:02pm
Geez, we're ready to pull the tank right out from under you! LOL

No pressure. . . we just want all your cool stuff!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2006 at 8:18pm
When Trey's tank crashed, I felt like a vulture taking his old stuff.

A happy, delighted, ecstatic I'm getting rock at a decent price vulture.  Embarrassed
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 4:24pm

I had another firefish jump today... further looking revealed that both were behind the cabinet under the power chord.  I went to lunch and returned to find that one of my office mates had left this on my desk:

Here's an updated overall.  Still in the soft algae stage (need a couple more snails)...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2006 at 3:28pm
oooh.

I like, I like.

So, how did you procure sockets for the bulbs?  Was it a retro fit kit?
Gahlenfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gahlenfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2006 at 5:22pm
I think the fish look more like sardines!LOL  Your tank looks great Jon.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2006 at 8:20pm
The tank does look cool. Sorry about the Firefish though.

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 4:56pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 8:10pm
It's growing up quite nicely!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 12:19pm
Is that a torch in the middle, or a condy anemone?
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 12:23pm
torch.
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 3:27pm
Jon,

What kind of sand did you use on the back?  I ask because two days ago when I was setting up a 10 gal nano for my wife I decided to follow your example of gluing sand and rocks to the back... Unfortunately mine looked like crap and I ended up spending an hour last night scraping the back of the tank before setting it up Unhappy... I guess I'm just not cut out for DIY projects like you...

Awesome tank though!  This post is what convinced me to try setting up a 10 gal.
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 4:04pm
I used caribsea seafloor special grade... the most commonly used tank substrate.  What did you use and what didn't you like about it?

Edited by jfinch - February 09 2007 at 4:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic