Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

frednwilma1999

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: frednwilma1999
    Posted: November 14 2008 at 4:40pm
People always ask where I got my screen name.  It's pretty silly actually. Jeff always calls me Wilma when I am teasing him or he is frustrated with me for teasing him.  Naturally, I would call him Fred.  The 1999 is the year we were married.  When we first signed onto the board we shared one account.  As we grew in the hobby and I was elected in the Presidency, Jeff got his own account (Jeff Morrill).  I am currently a stay at home mom which allows me time to dedicate to the club.  I have spent many hours emailing, faxing, and calling for donations for the club. (not easy with the economy this year).  I have also had to go pick up donations.   I have helped behind the scenes with various other club activities as well as planning and conducting our game night meeting with Eva.  I love people and I am a very outgoing person so public relation jobs are just perfect for me.  The year before I was in the council, I helped Sukie with the BBQ and I also helped Adam with the reef tour. (West side rules!!)  Being in the Presidency does take a lot of time and dedication but I love it and hope to continue serving on the council.

As far as a little personal background, Jeff and I have 5 kids ranging in age from 13 (going on 30) to 21.  We have lived in West Valley for 9 years.  We have 3 dogs, 4 cats, 7 salt water tanks (118 gal (custom built), 90 gal, 75 gal, 65 gal, 37 gal, 29 gal and a 25 gal )and 2 fresh water.   We have a stingray tank and a seahorse tank that I just love to watch.  We also have our in-home business that we dabble with selling corals and fish.   Salt water is our biggest hobby.  I also enjoy reading, playing on the computer, camping, fishing and just spending time with my family.

I would like to see the club get back to the "family" atmosphere it had a few months ago.  I love seeing new people join and get so excited.  It is exciting to see so many people jump in to help the newbies (as well as the "not so newbies").  I would like to see the raffles and door prizes continue as well as other various giveaways during the year.   I like the idea of a frag swap.  I was really sad to see the gallery go so I hope that is brought back.  I like the idea of the name tags for meetings.  I would love to see a DIY workshop held once a month  or so at any members house showing how to do something cool they did that works for them.  Many times someone builds something and wants to share it but it so hard to explain on the computer.  I support polls for recommendations as long as there is enough involvement and it doesn't turn ugly.  I also support getting members involved in various things in the club.   I support strengthening our relationships with LFS's.  I know I have said it before but I am going to say it again, I honestly love being part of such a great group of people.  I have made so many great friendships that I know are going to last a lifetime.

If there is anything else you would like to know, please ask.  Thank you for taking time to read this long post. 

DebBig smile

Edited by frednwilma1999 - November 14 2008 at 4:50pm
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 2:11pm
I just wanted to share some pictures of our kids.

Our oldest son Justin and his girlfriend Ashley

Our son Jesse and his girlfriend Liz

Our daughters Angel, Sarah and Kaytee thinking they are ninjas

Sarah and Angel

Kaytee and Angel

Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 11:41pm
Thanks for Posting this Deb
[COLOR="Red"](801)664-4240

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic