Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSpeakers at MWRF 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speakers at MWRF 2015
    Posted: March 25 2015 at 12:13pm
Alright its time for the games to begin. Lets see if you can guess who the speakers are. 

Edited by Jeremyw - March 25 2015 at 12:35pm
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2015 at 12:13pm
First speaker: 

This speaker has a passion for Aquascaping....

Pete Moss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2015 at 1:03pm
MARK PETERSON!!!!
125g 90g 2x33g 34g
What stores do I recommend?
Up North: Bill ( Saltwater Paradise 801-317-8115 )
Down South: Jerry ( Reef On 801-563-0600 )

Member of GCFB
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2015 at 2:14pm
It's actually you Pete we just didn't tell you :D  Keep everything a surprise. 

Jeremy loves hints, he will be giving out more as we go along.

We have some great speakers this year!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2015 at 6:59pm
Scott Fellman
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Pete Moss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2015 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by jdinchak jdinchak wrote:

It's actually you Pete we just didn't tell you :D  Keep everything a surprise. 

Jeremy loves hints, he will be giving out more as we go along.

We have some great speakers this year!

We live life on the edge here at WMAS
125g 90g 2x33g 34g
What stores do I recommend?
Up North: Bill ( Saltwater Paradise 801-317-8115 )
Down South: Jerry ( Reef On 801-563-0600 )

Member of GCFB
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 11:40am
WMAS is proud to announce our first speaker for MWRF 2015

Scott Fellman

Bio:

My name is Scott Fellman, and I’m the consummate “fish nerd”! I bleed saltwater! And yes, I think there’s a lot of freshwater in there, too!

Much of my life centers around tweaking protein skimmers, scraping algae, cleaning up spills, or figuring out how to unglue my fingers. I’ve been keeping marine aquariums since I was a kid, and during that time, I have maintained all sorts of aquariums, fish bowls, plastic boxes, and just about anything that can hold water. My passions are aquascaping and marine biotope aquariums. I love this hobby and the crazy people in it! 

I’ve mentored fellow hobbyists for over ten years, starting on Bob Fenner’s WetWebMedia.com site, where I was also Co-Editor of WWM’s Conscientious Aquarist online magazine for a couple of years. In 2006, I served as president the Marine Aquarium Society of Los Angeles County. 

I’ve written many of articles for publications such as the late Freshwater and Marine Aquarium Magazine, Ultramarine UK, Tropical Fish Hobbyist, Marine Fish and Reef USA Annual, and many online venues, such as Reef Addicts, Advanced Aquarist, and Reefs.com, Reef Builders, and Reef2Reef where I blog on a variety of reef-related topics regularly.

In addition to my writing, I have racked up the frequent-flyer miles, traveling all over the U.S. and internationally, speaking at clubs and events about all sorts of reef-and aquarium-related stuff. I have presented at MACNA XIX in Pittsburgh,  MACNA XX in Atlanta, MACNA xXI in Atlantic City, MACNA XXII in Orlando, MACNA XXIII in Des Moines, MACNA XXIV in Dallas,  MACNA XXV in Florida, as well the old IMAC Conferences in both Chicago and Long Beach. I’ve spoken several times at Reef-a-Palooza in my native So Cal, as well.  I keep threatening to complete a book on marine biotope aquaria and aquascaping before this century is over, and I’m sure my aquarium is due for an upgrade at some point!

I am co-owner of Los Angeles-based online marine livestock retailer, Unique Corals, marketing sustainably collected, aquacultured, and captive propagated corals, fishes, and invertebrates to the hobby. We’ve enjoyed amazing growth and a large fan following in the three years we’ve been in operation, and I’m quite proud of us!

When I’m not trying to replicate the ocean in my aquariums, I’m usually surfing in it at my local beach, hiking (another great love), reading, or just chilling  at home with my wife.

180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic