Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RBTA question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Huskers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huskers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RBTA question
    Posted: May 15 2015 at 6:58am
This may be kind of a dumb question but my RBTA keeps splitting I went from 1 to 7 sold 2 but still have 5 and only have wanted 1. Is this due to overfeeding? I don't even feed that much. They all seem to stay in the same general area don't move around, my clowns are hosting in 2 of them.
Just looking for some general info, or what I should or should not be doing with them.
Thanks!
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 7:22am
A lot of people will tell you that splitting is caused by stress; but I have had anemones that have split multiple times, like yours – in the same tank with other anenomes that never split.

I don't know if anybody's 100% sure on all the reasons for splitting.

Just keep selling off the extras, that's what I did.
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Huskers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huskers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 2:41pm
Thanks Bob--
By the way the blue sponge that I got from you has grown like crazy in the last maybe 6 months for some reason!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2015 at 7:31am
Agree with Bob. We just don't know, yet.
We also don't know why some retain their bubble tips and others have slender tentacles. 
Aloha Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2015 at 5:58pm
[QUOTE=Mark Peterson]We also don't know why some retain their bubble tips and others have slender tentacles.

Not trying to thread Hijack just give an interesting observation but My RBTA was long with My Halides but now with my new LEDs is Bubbling which I found interesting and noteworthy

Edited by PDoug - May 17 2015 at 5:58pm
(307)679-7898 Phillip Douglass 75 Gallon Reef Tank
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2015 at 3:42pm
Huskers, depending on where you're based at. I'd be happy to help you reduce the number of anemones you have :)
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
funkapotomus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkapotomus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2015 at 10:42am
Originally posted by superman1981 superman1981 wrote:

Huskers, depending on where you're based at. I'd be happy to help you reduce the number of anemones you have :)

Me too!
Fishy43 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fishy43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2015 at 4:33pm
Mine is splitting right now, pretty wild.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic