Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nov 2022 - Reef Tour - Event Date: November 19 2022

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Nov 2022 - Reef Tour
    Posted: January 12 2022 at 7:38pm
2022 WMAS Reef Tour
November 19, 2022
10am-5pm

Updated Google maps link: REEF-TOUR-MAP

Updated Host Details (names/address) map link: 

Updated tour guidebook:

Individual Host Addresses:

3949 S 950 W Riverdale UT

371 S Buffalo Ranch Road Farmington UT

11172 S Crescent Vista Ln Sandy UT

10543 Redknife Drive Creekside Village Daybreak South Jordan UT

5729 W Emmeline Drive Rosecrest Herriman UT

2433 Saddlehone Circle Bluffdale UT

1270 Sandhill Road Orem UT Apt. #221

You will be able to get a chance to go to people's homes and see their aquarium and systems.

WANT TO SHOW OFF YOUR TANK?
Let us know if you would like to be a host. (I know some of you above have said you are interested, please let us know if you are still interested)

Edited by BenchsTanks - November 19 2022 at 12:31am
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
zballgai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zballgai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2022 at 8:52am
I'd like to be a host this year.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2022 at 1:03pm
Please note the date change of this event and let us know if you are still interested in hosting at our home. Thanks!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2022 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by zballgai zballgai wrote:

I'd like to be a host this year.
AWESOME! I will add you to the list.  Please message Jeff or I  your name, address, a simple set of directions on how to reach your house from I-15, your phone number, a short description of your tanks(s) that tour goers will see when visiting and 1-2 pictures of your tank.  This information will be posted in the 2019 WMAS Reef Tour booklet that will be available the week before the tour.

We can't wait to see all of the systems (old and new) that will be one the tour this year!
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
BenchsTanks View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenchsTanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2022 at 7:26pm
I will be hosting..
400 Gal Island Mix Reef
20 Gal Wall Tank Mix Reef
14 Gal Bio Cube Mix Reef
PADI Dive Master
chuckfu5 View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2022 at 7:49pm
I’d like to be a host for this years event.

Will also have coral available so bring your coolers.
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2022 at 12:33am
Originally posted by chuckfu5 chuckfu5 wrote:

I’d like to be a host for this years event.

Will also have coral available so bring your coolers.
AWESOME! I will add you to the list.  Please message Jeff or I  your name, address, a simple set of directions on how to reach your house from I-15, your phone number, a short description of your tanks(s) that tour goers will see when visiting and 1-2 pictures of your tank.  This information will be posted in the 2022 WMAS Reef Tour booklet that will be available the week before the tour.

We can't wait to see all of the systems (old and new) that will be one the tour this year!
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2022 at 1:43pm
@chuckfu5 if you are still interested in being on the tour please send us the info on your tank so we can get you added to the tour guidebook.

My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2022 at 7:31am
Here is the current list of Cities with tanks on the tour this year. We are finishing up the guide book to get it out to everyone planning to tour which will have the actual addresses in these cities. We hope to see a bunch of you out touring and supporting these brave souls opening their homes for this great event!

Orem 2x Herriman Sandy West Jordan
Farmington Riverdale

Let's get out there and tour and enjoy the day!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
jazer View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2022 at 3:40pm
chuckfu5 View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2022 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by jazer jazer wrote:

reef tour map

You’re missing the best one on this map ( I kid ).

You don’t have mine in Riverdale.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2022 at 7:15pm
Yeah we caught that error just after we posted it.  It's being updated and it is in the guidebook as well. Thanks for keeping us on our toes.
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Kkiller23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kkiller23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2022 at 4:21pm
I have been so excited to go on this tour. Not sure what is going on but we only have a few tanks on the tour. I remember when I was in the hobby 16 years ago and hosted mine on the tour we had tons of tanks to see so many we couldn’t get to them all. 
Can’t wait to see the tanks tomorrow. Thanks for hosting your tanks everyone. I’m trying to talk the wife back into the hobby and get her excited. Wish me luck. 
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2022 at 5:40pm
Updated map with all of the host houses

Edited by Krazie4Acans - November 18 2022 at 6:10pm
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2022 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Kkiller23 Kkiller23 wrote:

I have been so excited to go on this tour. Not sure what is going on but we only have a few tanks on the tour. I remember when I was in the hobby 16 years ago and hosted mine on the tour we had tons of tanks to see so many we couldn’t get to them all. 
Can’t wait to see the tanks tomorrow. Thanks for hosting your tanks everyone. I’m trying to talk the wife back into the hobby and get her excited. Wish me luck. 

Each year the number changes and we are definitely seeing lower numbers than previous years. I’m sure there are many reasons but it appears the largest continued impact is the ongoing pandemic. Meeting numbers are slowly improving but there are still many that aren’t quite ready to open their homes to a large number of visitors. We are doing our best to make sure that events and meetings are available so that people can come to them when they are comfortable doing that. It has been a big reset for the club and our activities and we are finally starting to see attendance improving. We need as many people as are comfortable hosting and touring in order to make this event work so thank you for being willing to tour. Please take some friends or extra passengers with you!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
chuckfu5 View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2022 at 6:21pm
Bring coolers with you to Riverdale.

First five guests get a free frag and I’ll have plenty for sale as well for cheap!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2022 at 9:43pm
And we have a guide book! Thanks jazer for getting it put together.

My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2022 at 1:05pm
Get out and tour and post your pictures!

My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
SantaMonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SantaMonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2023 at 5:03pm
That section of the 15 near 3300 needs some tanks :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic