Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tube Worms? Maybe.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jenjardu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjardu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tube Worms? Maybe.
    Posted: November 26 2002 at 9:57am

The other night I noticed what I think may be a tube worm.  It's about and inch long and very skinny and has some red fethers that come out and move around.  I noticed them moving and going in and out of the tube while I was cleaning the tank.  There are some other tube I can see but none of them have any red fethers, yet.  I was wondering if they are tube worms what is the best way to take care of them.  What do they eat, lighting, and things like that.  I would like to see fethers in all the other tubes too. 

Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2002 at 10:36am
They come in lots of different colors.  It is just a sign that your tank may be doing well if you see such things living in your aquarium.  They should do just fine without any special care, just as long as you keep your water in good shape.
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2002 at 8:31am
I have a peice of live rock that grows tons of tube worms, Most of mine are transparent but I have a few brown ones. Firefish is right . They dont require any specail care and I can tell mine started growing back when I only had incondesont lights on the tank.
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic