Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another shrimp ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another shrimp ?
    Posted: July 10 2003 at 5:45am

I have a 125 gallon Do you think I would be ok to mix a coral banded shrimp, A pistol shrimp and a cleaner shrimp, oh and an arrow crab.   Does anyone see any problems with this mix? I currently have all these in seperate smaller tanks but would like to condense.

Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2003 at 1:02pm
If it is a long 125 I bet that it would be no problem but you really should try your best to make them take sides of the tank. Try to force them to do so. I don't know much about pistol shrimp but the coral banded might think of the cleaner shrimp as a meal some day, unless they are far enough apart. I would put the cleaner in first. Also if the coral shrimp is fed well enough he might not be tempted.
KeoDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeoDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2003 at 2:46pm
I added a coral banded, two cleaner shrimp and a fire shrimp at the same time. The other shrimp are faster than the coral banded so they just move away from him if he gets to close.
Kevin Kunz (Sandy, UT)
300g reef

"A trade by which one gains and the other loses is a fraud."   Ayn Rand
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2003 at 5:38pm
i added them all a little while ago and no problems yet!
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

leviwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leviwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2003 at 11:48pm

Never have had an arrow crab before, but i've heard that you can' t keep them with coral banded.  I have have pepermint and cleaner shrimp in the same tank without any problems.   I have also kept Coral banded, cleaner, and a little hitchhiker shrimp which  i've heard called a sexy shrimp together without any fighting.  They just seem to know who was boss and when to get out of the way

SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2003 at 7:00am

In the line of shrimp, I have the following in my tank, presenting no problems:

3 Cleaners
1 blood shrimp
4 pepermints
4 sexy anemone shrimp

Sean Spargur
West Valley, UT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic