Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiptasia & Little White/Grey Stars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kmtfishchannel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmtfishchannel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aiptasia & Little White/Grey Stars
    Posted: June 16 2016 at 4:57pm
Can Aiptasia move from your Sump up into your tank? Also what are some ways to remove it with out spending all kinds of money?

Also I have little white/grey star fish not many but I've hear they are bad and also some day they are a part of the CUC what is your opinion?

Edited by kmtfishchannel - June 16 2016 at 4:57pm
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2016 at 5:07pm
Yes aptasia can spread. I use kalk/lime paste. It's cheap to buy at walmart its called pickling lime. I just make it into a paste suck it up into a syringe turn off the pumps and put it right on the aiptasia. Don't do too many at one time but you can do several, then wait a few days and do some more if you have a ton. You can also try peppermint shrimp as long as you get true peppermints they do a great job in my experience.
As for the star fish I know some can be bad and eat zoos while others are fine, if you see them eating something they shouldn't try pulling them, if you have a ton of them a harlequin shrimp will help take care of them but then you have to either sell the shrimp once they are gone or buy other star fish to feed it.

Edited by bstuver - June 16 2016 at 5:07pm
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic