Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blue Cloves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Boston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Cloves
    Posted: June 30 2016 at 11:42pm
Anyone have a successful way in getting rid of the small blue cloves? I'm trying to take care of them now before they grow like a weed in my tank. They are starting to grow on the back of my tank glass too.
< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
kevin.st View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin.st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2016 at 9:02am
You just have to clean them out, little by little. That's why you don't add certain things to your tank!   
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2016 at 9:10am
Sell them to me!

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2016 at 10:12am
I'll take them too!
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2016 at 12:55pm
If you can find "fluke tabs" for sale somewhere they will take care of them. Nick Tenny had them and used that to get rid of them. Maybe you could ask him where he got them and how he used them?
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2016 at 3:01pm
Wouldn't Fluke tabs kill other coral? And inverts, like beneficial flatworms?

Anything used to kill Aiptasia will also kill coral polyps such as Blue Clove. I prefer Kalkwasser paste, myself.

I keep those beautiful polyps, also Green Star Polyps, Briarium, etc., on pieces of rock on the sand or situated in the aquascape so that the growth does not spread to other rocks before moving the rock to the sand or selling it to someone.

Rocks are very easy to break up with a chisel/screwdriver and hammer. Save or sell pieces with or without encrusted coral.

Good luck. Hug

Edited by Mark Peterson - July 02 2016 at 7:46am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Boston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2016 at 6:22pm
Thank's everyone! I'm going to work on cleaning up the small patches I have left.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic