Print Page | Close Window

LFS forums

Printed From: Utah Reefs
Category: Main
Forum Name: Suggestion Box/Recommendations
Forum Description: This is the place to submit recommendations to the WMAS presidency.
URL: http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21397
Printed Date: April 23 2024 at 7:08am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: LFS forums
Posted By: Cody Pearce
Subject: LFS forums
Date Posted: October 25 2007 at 5:53pm
I've noticed on a few local reef websites as well as reefcentral that they give each LFS or supporter of the club their own forum to ask questions and post their specials. I thought this might of be of interest to put out there. It could work well for the club to get money from supporters and for club members to get extra info and ask questions.

-------------
90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.

Replies:
Posted By: TriggerHappy
Date Posted: October 25 2007 at 7:13pm
I think that is a really cool idea! Thumbs%20Up

-------------
210 gallon Mixed Reef

Posted By: Debbles
Date Posted: October 25 2007 at 7:15pm
Me Too!!LOL

-------------
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!

Posted By: ssilcox
Date Posted: October 26 2007 at 9:15am
My concern would be that it would begin to be a place for people to bash LFS's. Plus - would we include all of the stores (home based and brick and mortar)?

Posted By: Debbles
Date Posted: October 26 2007 at 9:19am
Originally posted by ssilcox ssilcox wrote:

My concern would be that it would begin to be a place for people to bash LFS's. 

I didn't think of that and we don't need anymore bashing...lfs or otherwise.   Good point ssilcox.

-------------
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!

Posted By: TriggerHappy
Date Posted: October 26 2007 at 10:42am
Oh, yeah, I forgot that "little incident" a couple months ago.  That is a good point Shane.  I still think it is a good idea, but it opens up a big can of worms too.  If  it happens I would say to include all of the businesses.

-------------
210 gallon Mixed Reef

Posted By: Cody Pearce
Date Posted: October 26 2007 at 2:11pm

My concern would be that it would begin to be a place for people to bash LFS's. Plus - would we include all of the stores (home based and brick and mortar)?

I don't know why this would give a reason for someone to bash a fish store?  If someone wants to and I know it has happened they can do it now, but I don't know why a forum would make it worse.  It is a valid point and maybe the forum sponser can be the moderator to delete any posts they don't want and take them to pms.

I would say anyone who wants to pay/donate some sort of set sponsorship to the club would get their own forum.  Maybe set it so that the donation happens every year if they want their forum?

-------------
90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.

Posted By: bbauman
Date Posted: October 26 2007 at 3:09pm
Before beginning, it would be wise to include a rule about no bashing the stores in the forums. Maybe this would help?

-------------
28g Cube

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23030" rel="nofollow - Beginners Guide to Saltwater Aquariums

Brandon in West Jordan

Posted By: trunks
Date Posted: October 27 2007 at 7:36pm

Their are ways to solve that. Besides, you need to give the users more credit. They should be able to tell the difference between constructive criticism and bashing. If not, you always have moderation.

BTW, I am much more interested in bashing establishmentarianism than local fish stores. LOL

Posted By: Shane H
Date Posted: January 13 2008 at 10:52am
This idea was discussed in detail at our last presidency meeting. We agreed that there is not enough traffic from our LFS to warrant the addition of a forum for each.

The presidency would love to see the LFS post more often and expand their presence on our message board and at our meetings. We appreciate those LFS stores that support the club and encourage members to reciprocate by visiting supporting stores.

Posted By: MadReefer
Date Posted: January 13 2008 at 11:21am
I don't want to bash LFSs but it would be nice to see people's opinion of stores. It is how the free market works. Where do I find this info?

Posted By: Crazy Tarzan
Date Posted: January 13 2008 at 11:36am
why not set up a positive rating system?  Anyone who has had a good experience at a LFS can post it, and that store gets a point added to their rating.  No negatives at all, but those stores who provide exceptional/great customer service will get positive feed back. 

Draw backs to this might be the smaller stores that have less traffic, and people trying to place repetitive positives, so limit each person to one voter per quarter?

Then you can just look at the stores with a rating and know if any close to you have great service.

-------------
Was that in there yesterday? Casper--WY windier than ?

Down to a 20, soon to double or nothing

Posted By: Dion Richins
Date Posted: January 13 2008 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by MadReefer MadReefer wrote:

I don't want to bash LFSs but it would be nice to see people's opinion of stores. It is how the free market works. Where do I find this info?

You can search each stores name or pm those who you trust. Getting into an opinion poll on the board would not benefit the stores or the club. Any drama that has been played out can be found but rarely is koodo's. Trying to set up a rating system would require a ton of work and again it would have more negatives than bonuses. Check the star for supporting LFS's. Thats a pretty good indication. (but not always)

Want my opinion? I would be happy to give it. Send me a Pm.

-------------
http://www.customaquariumfurniture.com" rel="nofollow - Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net