Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sps is turning white

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 2:58am
It's good to see people speak up! And Josh, your more then welcome! Kody, we will spread the love..Heart. LOL.
 Pam
jcoulter17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 3:06am
lol it all good Kody. You are lots of help I just didnt put your help in because I looked back and just put the name of the helpful people on that post. TWO of the name I can remember right away because Ashley talked a lot about ptonsp and bstuver. She really likes the two of them. They both took the time and pmed ashley and made her feel better about the whole thing.

Edited by jcoulter17 - April 23 2011 at 10:48am
PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 8:47am
Drama is back! Sarcasm aside Learning to agree to disagree is important There is no right or wrong way just your way and my way. Everyone has their off days take what you interpret as tudes with a grain of salt and we can all get along . If I offended anyone then clearly my point was missed and I apoligize . How is the coral looking now ? That would be what I am most intersted in . there is no perfect action only perfect intention.
(307)679-7898 Phillip Douglass 75 Gallon Reef Tank
Kristine Woolsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristine Woolsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 9:35am
Originally posted by dc dc wrote:

i have to say that most of you have been too harsh on Mark. for everyone out there this is the FACT. even the experts that write the books and text books that we learn from are all based at least partly on assumtion!! and experince. everyone has a diffrent take on reef tanks, what works what dose not. if you dont want help dont ask, if you post something dont expect to always get the conclusion that you have come to. that is how you learn about new things. also i have to say Mark is right on the fact that if you rush a reef you will fail that is very well known. im sorry if this offends you but its my thoughts.

To harsh on Mark? Have you not seen the post where he belittles people and makes them feel like an idiot? He sent my husband a harsh PM saying he was mad at him and that he was a fish killer.. Plus he's called a few people that ON THE BOARDS. I love getting advice from people. But there is a wright way and a wrong way of giving it. If your way of giving it is making people feel bad then it's best left unsaid.
Kristine | Layton, UT | e-mail: [email protected]
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 9:58am
This is just my 2 bits. My tanks wouldn't be the way they are if it wasn't for Marks Guidance in the early years. DO I follow his advice completely? No. In fact he and I have different opinions about half of the time. However he is truly trying to help.

Its obvious that there is a personality conflict with Mark and others. I guess its my thick skin that it doesn't bother me if he says I'm doing something wrong. I understand those that have frustrations and are upset over his advice. Unfortunately that is the Internet world. I don't frequent boards that I don't like. I am/have been active in 9 other club boards in the past. Some of them have way different ideas in Reef keeping. Some are similar. ALL clubs have a "Mark" that means well but sounds like as ass sometimes. Its life.

We have had a few that were incredibly worse and they are no longer on this board.
Over the years some have questioned that call but in the over all health of the club it was good. I do see them post else where and its funny that they don't change. Just those around them do.

My suggestion is this. There are over 2000 members of this board. Ill bet there are 2000 differing opinion on just about everything. Ignore the opinions of the ones you don't like. Listen to several points of view from those you do like and draw your own conclusion. YOU will fail at times. YOU will win at others. Even those of us that have been doing this for years nuke a tank from time to time. We are all playing GOD when we try to manage these Eco systems.
We are all different. This club is a non profit organization. It is the only local club owned Ran and contributed by its members. We have more people on line at 2am than any other club in the valley has had on at any time. Thats why we come here for advice and friendship in our little obsession. Lets all stop with the drama like my crazy friend in Evanston said and get back to helping the problem at hand.

As far as your coral, You've gone to the best Fish Store around for advice. (IMO) You have had some great people look at your tank and offered their advice. My suggestion would be to chose which advice you want to follow and do so. Then sit back and leave it alone and see what happens. It will not correct its self overnight. Something I'm confident you already know. 
In 2 weeks lets see a picture and see how its coming. IF it starts rapidly RtNing then frag the shit out of it and hopefully some will live. Some times they just die. Just like Fish.

I saw a whole shipment of Walt Smiths Aquacultured corals come in looking awesome. A week later they were all dead. We called around and it was happening system wide. Some times crap happens. Ive had coral out of well established tanks die over night. Others 3 months later. All of our systems are different.
So back to my advice. (for what its worth) Do what ever you are going to do and LEAVE it alone. Watch it and let it adjust and heal. Then lets see what it looks like in 2 weeks.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Kristine Woolsey Kristine Woolsey wrote:

If your way of giving it is making people feel bad then it's best left unsaid.

I completely agree with this comment :)
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristine Woolsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Dion Richins Dion Richins wrote:

This is just my 2 bits. My tanks wouldn't be the way they are if it wasn't for Marks Guidance in the early years. DO I follow his advice completely? No. In fact he and I have different opinions about half of the time. However he is truly trying to help.

Its obvious that there is a personality conflict with Mark and others. I guess its my thick skin that it doesn't bother me if he says I'm doing something wrong. I understand those that have frustrations and are upset over his advice. Unfortunately that is the Internet world. I don't frequent boards that I don't like. I am/have been active in 9 other club boards in the past. Some of them have way different ideas in Reef keeping. Some are similar. ALL clubs have a "Mark" that means well but sounds like as ass sometimes. Its life.

We have had a few that were incredibly worse and they are no longer on this board.
Over the years some have questioned that call but in the over all health of the club it was good. I do see them post else where and its funny that they don't change. Just those around them do.

My suggestion is this. There are over 2000 members of this board. Ill bet there are 2000 differing opinion on just about everything. Ignore the opinions of the ones you don't like. Listen to several points of view from those you do like and draw your own conclusion. YOU will fail at times. YOU will win at others. Even those of us that have been doing this for years nuke a tank from time to time. We are all playing GOD when we try to manage these Eco systems.
We are all different. This club is a non profit organization. It is the only local club owned Ran and contributed by its members. We have more people on line at 2am than any other club in the valley has had on at any time. Thats why we come here for advice and friendship in our little obsession. Lets all stop with the drama like my crazy friend in Evanston said and get back to helping the problem at hand.

As far as your coral, You've gone to the best Fish Store around for advice. (IMO) You have had some great people look at your tank and offered their advice. My suggestion would be to chose which advice you want to follow and do so. Then sit back and leave it alone and see what happens. It will not correct its self overnight. Something I'm confident you already know. 
In 2 weeks lets see a picture and see how its coming. IF it starts rapidly RtNing then frag the shit out of it and hopefully some will live. Some times they just die. Just like Fish.

I saw a whole shipment of Walt Smiths Aquacultured corals come in looking awesome. A week later they were all dead. We called around and it was happening system wide. Some times crap happens. Ive had coral out of well established tanks die over night. Others 3 months later. All of our systems are different.
So back to my advice. (for what its worth) Do what ever you are going to do and LEAVE it alone. Watch it and let it adjust and heal. Then lets see what it looks like in 2 weeks.

Clap
jaschall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaschall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 10:50am
Kristine why so many users names
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 10:54am
HOw is that relevant to this post?

@ dion thanx
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
jaschall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaschall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 11:16am
Sorry for me assuming
maybe I have you confused with some one else,

Edited by jaschall - April 23 2011 at 11:34am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristine Woolsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 11:16am
So many? I only had my user name changed once... 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristine Woolsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 11:20am
Originally posted by jaschall jaschall wrote:

Sorry for me assuming and an other posting in an other one of your drama threads.

one of my drama threads? Please tell me what other threads I posted in where I started the drama.
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 11:25am

Sorry for me assuming and an other posting in an other one of your drama threads.

ummm WHAT?
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 1:21pm
Dion- SOMEONE HACKED YOUR ACCOUNT!!!

Your last couple posts were well said and summed up our thoughts. I think you once again posted as the voice of reason.

Now, let's all get back to spending our efforts and time answering questions and helping others.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by BnK BnK wrote:

ummm WHAT?

I love when someone sticks up for themselves or points out a problem or opinion it always gets labeled " Drama threads". And then when the statement is made they go back and edit it to make it appear as if they didn't say it or stir the pot. This is EXACTLY what we are referring to earlier in this post about what Mark has done to us personally just to make us appear to look like the jack @ss. If stating your opinion is considered "Drama", so be it, but where I come from it's called "Freedom of speech".
 Pam

Edited by ptronsp - April 23 2011 at 2:21pm
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 2:29pm
I also wanted to say that Mark has some good advice from time to time and has been in this hobby a very long time, we are giving him that. The problem that is being addressed here is the way he goes about offering his advice out to people. Speaking down to someone is not what I call productive.

If this seems to be a common problem with Mark I would think Mark would want to reflect on himself and not spend so much time talking down and belittling the attempts of others. PERIOD! This entire thread I have not seen Mark step up to the plate and explain his actions? Doesn't that seem odd to some?

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

Dion- SOMEONE HACKED YOUR ACCOUNT!!!

Your last couple posts were well said and summed up our thoughts. I think you once again posted as the voice of reason.

Now, let's all get back to spending our efforts and time answering questions and helping others.

Adam

Crap! I am making a habit out of it ;( Ill try to go back to the lose cannon Ive always been known for!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 3:14pm
+1 on pams post

Edited by BnK - April 23 2011 at 3:37pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristine Woolsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by ptronsp ptronsp wrote:

Originally posted by BnK BnK wrote:

ummm WHAT?

I love when someone sticks up for themselves or points out a problem or opinion it always gets labeled " Drama threads". And then when the statement is made they go back and edit it to make it appear as if they didn't say it or stir the pot. This is EXACTLY what we are referring to earlier in this post about what Mark has done to us personally just to make us appear to look like the jack @ss. If stating your opinion is considered "Drama", so be it, but where I come from it's called "Freedom of speech".
 Pam

I noticed that it was edited too... I figured what he said didn't make sense anyway so maybe that was why he edited it. I am giving him the benefit of doubt.  
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2011 at 4:02pm
So now that we have fully bashed on Mark....how's the coral doing or should this thread be renamed?
40 gal w/ 20 sump
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic